CL650 Sound issue at full thrust

ledge

I have the latest updated CL650 running in XPlane 12 on Windows 11. The problem is the outside engine sound does not give the "bee in a can" rattle at full revs, it gives the characteristic wind up whine, but just gives the sound of blowing air at full revs. I watched a video of a real 650 taking off and that one did have the sound required (Bee in a can) noise at full throttle. All other sounds seem to be accurate.

The Phenom300 and Citation X do give the correct sound on my PC.

My Specs

i7-11700K, 64gb ram, RTX 2080 super, Z590-e Board,, I have a 7.2 surround sound just for the flight sim as the aircraft sound is part of the immersion, so not getting the right sound is worrying.

I redownloaded the 650 to see if that would correct the sound, but it did not. Can someone advise please?

I think before we go chasing something as a problem, you should first go to YouTube and look at other Hot Start CL650 videos from users to determine if you're hearing what the other videos hear.

Sounds are subjective from ear to ear. It may be that you're desiring something that isn't quite right to you, and well, sometimes things are just that way.

If you feel like something is missing in what you're hearing vs. what other customers hear on their YouTube videos that you cross reference then we should definitely investigate this further. If such is the case, please upload a video of what you're hearing to compare.

18 minutes ago, jetpeter1 said:

there is clearly no roar no reverse sound at all when selecting reverse in any rpm.... I fly a challenger and you'll hear reverese from inside as a load roar, so clearly you have a problem with it .... also same as your 737 no reverser sound is audible

Thank you for responding. Are you also running x-plane 12? 

On 1/26/2023 at 6:11 PM, Cameron said:

I think before we go chasing something as a problem, you should first go to YouTube and look at other Hot Start CL650 videos from users to determine if you're hearing what the other videos hear.

Sounds are subjective from ear to ear. It may be that you're desiring something that isn't quite right to you, and well, sometimes things are just that way.

If you feel like something is missing in what you're hearing vs. what other customers hear on their YouTube videos that you cross reference then we should definitely investigate this further. If such is the case, please upload a video of what you're hearing to compare.

I have emailed the sound video :)

2 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

My log shows the same fmod errors as yours, yet my sounds are perfect.

Can you upload a video or recording of the aircraft taking off from an external view please. I would like to compare your sound to what I get as all sounds work fine except for the last part of the engine reaching full thrust

No problem. It dawns on me that I saw/heard somewhere that the Challenger does not use FMOD. I believe I saw that in one of Totoritko's (Hotstart's) streams. Anyhoo, here's mine taking off. Oh... at the end of the video I show you where you can adjust the external sounds. That may have something to do with your issue.

• Like 1

@virtualgaaviator  Thank you for this upload. It confirms I am not having sound issues as that is what I hear on takeoff to. I was comparing my sounds to the engine sound found in this video at 1:25 

I get the correct sound all the way up to that point