Feather/Un-feather Prop

divinglyc

Hi! I have just purchased this aircraft and read through the manual but still am a little confused about feather/un-feather the Prop.

If I load a whole new flight in the sim and start the engine as usual( the prop was "flat", unfeathered), and then stop the engine with the condition lever pulled to Emergent stop, then the prop will stay feathered after the engine stopped( like the first attahced picture)

At that time, if I pulled the power lever to Reverse and press and hold the Unfeather button, the prop would not became unfeathered or flat(so not on the lock) and the engine would not start again. 

What have I missed or done wrong? Why can't I unfeather or lock the prop again?

Thanks!

BTW, could anyone please tell me what is the handle(in the red circle) for in the second picture? Thanks!

1869944056_xsMU2B60_4B_GNS-2023-01-1609_04_48.png

xsMU2B60_4B_GNS - 2023-01-16 09.10.25.jpg

Edited by divinglyc

On 1/15/2023 at 8:04 PM, divinglyc said:

with the condition lever pulled to Emergent stop

When the condition lever is in emergency stop, it opens what is called the "feather valve", which drains all oil from the prop governor, forcing it to feather.  Unfeathering requires oil pressure.   Its like trying to fill up a sink with water but with no plug in the drain.  All the oil gets pumped into the governor and right back out again through the open feather valve.  Moving the condition lever out of emer stop and forward of the taxi position closes the valve (puts a plug in the drain) and allows pressure to build in the prop governor when the engine is running or unfeather button is pressed (with electrical power of course)

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tkyler said:

When the condition lever is in emergency stop, it opens what is called the "feather valve", which drains all oil from the prop governor, forcing it to feather.  Unfeathering requires oil pressure.   Its like trying to fill up a sink with water but with no plug in the drain.  All the oil gets pumped into the governor and right back out again through the open feather valve.  Moving the condition lever out of emer stop and forward of the taxi position closes the valve (puts a plug in the drain) and allows pressure to build in the prop governor when the engine is running or unfeather button is pressed (with electrical power of course)

-tkyler

Oh! I get it now!

Thanks a lot! It's really a lot more complicated and detailed simulated! :)