Excessive Windshield Reflection at Night in Challenger 650 X-plane 12.

martin5042

I am experiencing a lighting issue when flying the Challenger at night in X plane 12.

• When it becomes dark the Displays and integrated lights become overly bright.
  • Even after lowering the lighting setting in the plane there in a persistent refection on the cockpit windshield.

Is this an issue with X plane 12 or something in the plane that will be fixed in an update ?

I noticed a similar problem in the Flight Factor 757 in X plane 12

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 3:03 AM, martin5042 said:

When it becomes dark the Displays and integrated lights become overly bright.

This is done deliberately, and is meant to simulate blown out screens, that are on full brightness, at night.  To fix this, you need to dim the lights (BRT/DIM switch on the overhead)

On 1/8/2023 at 3:03 AM, martin5042 said:

Even after lowering the lighting setting in the plane there in a persistent refection on the cockpit windshield.

This is an XP12 lighting issue.  I can certainly lower the reflections down, but the glass will look very dull during daylight hours.  I'll mess around with it some more and see what I can come up with.

On 1/8/2023 at 3:15 AM, martin5042 said:

Quick question, could these reflections be a result of the cabin lights being on ?

We're not really sure.  But it's possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 3:53 AM, martin5042 said:

When do you anticipate an update that will address the issue of the reflections ?

I'll discuss with Saso on this.

Also the external views of the aircraft at night seem to generate excessive shimmering.

If you mean the gloss is excessive, I can reduce it, but then it would take on a more matte finish during daylight hours.  I've experimented previously with finding a good balance, with not much being achieved in the way of looks.  I'll note it down for future reference.

Is this just something we need to live with until x plane 12 is a more stabilized platform ?

Possibly.  But I don't want to go finger pointing just yet.

• Like 1