BN-2T Islander: Cabin Pressurisation

Simonrob

Recent accquisition, very much enjoying it.  Recently took it from La Menara, Marrakech, over the High Atlas to Ouarzazate, and interesting "hop" for Light/Medium aircraft, which I have done a couple of times, sadly not as pilot.  My preferred route takes me to 13,600 ft.  I got the "dark screen" warning.  Now looking for a way to set the cabin pressurisation, but can't identify.  Any help would be appreciated.  I survived, btw, but had to come down a little earlier and quicker than I normally would.

On 1/1/2023 at 7:54 PM, Coop said:

The BN-2B and BN-2T are not pressurized aircraft. You can disable X-Plane hypoxia effects if you want to fly that route, in X-Plane settings: https://x-plane.helpscoutdocs.com/article/89-high-altitude-black-out-hypoxia

Thanks for the response, and the information.  I did wonder, but the service ceiling  tempted me.  Rather than disable, I'll try to find a way through the valleys. More fun.

• Like 1

X-Plane's hypoxia effects are a bit blunt - exceed a certain altitude and you virtually pass out. That's not how it would work in real life, particularly if you had the chance to acclimatize to a greater base altitude (and even without it, a normally healthy person doesn't pass out at 12,000' - I've tried it on several occasions. Headache can become an issue though).

On 1/3/2023 at 6:08 PM, daemotron said:

X-Plane's hypoxia effects are a bit blunt - exceed a certain altitude and you virtually pass out. That's not how it would work in real life, particularly if you had the chance to acclimatize to a greater base altitude (and even without it, a normally healthy person doesn't pass out at 12,000' - I've tried it on several occasions. Headache can become an issue though).

Thanks.  I've been to the top of Toubkal (years ago) which wasn't too bad, so I was a bit surprised to be getting hypoxia and 12and a half.  No problem at all in the King Air.  I did a low route in a Tiger Moth, and got to 12 so I can always take the Islander that way.