Cabin map

piperpilot99

This looks like a bug with MacOS and the ARM CPU.  I also have an M1 Max, and I am getting the same thing.  It's not something that can be easily fixed, if at all, on our side.  This looks to be squarely in Apple's court.  The map will show on Intel CPU's.  It has something to do with OpenGL texture loading.  It MIGHT fix itself when Gizmo (our DRM) is compatible with the M1 CPU.  But other than that, I'm afraid we're stuck with it.

Apologies for this.

Edited by Goran_M

5 hours ago, piperpilot99 said:

Thank you. I'm using Xplane 12/ Challenger 1.7 on an Apple M1 Max with 32Gb RAM. Log file attached.

Log.txt 460.55 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks. As Goran says above, as far as we can tell this is an issue with Apple's OpenGL implementation on Apple Silicon-based Macs and as such likely only they can resolve it. However, if you are feeling brave, there's 2 workarounds that may alleviate the issue, but if you choose to use them it's entirely at your own risk.

1. If you have a copy of X-Plane 11 installed, copy the DDS files from X-Plane 11/Resources/bitmaps/Earth Orbit Textures to X-Plane 12/Resources/bitmaps/Earth Orbit Textures, overwriting what's already there

2. If you don't, you can resize the DDS textures in X-Plane 12/Resources/bitmaps/Earth Orbit Textures to 1024x1024 pixels (how to do this is an exercise left to the reader)

We still hope that when Gizmo goes "ARM native" (and Rosetta won't be required) it'll bypass whatever OpenGL issue is the cause, but I'm not holding my breath.