Autopilot often missing points

F1le

OK guys I'm learning this plane, and I think it's awesome, worth each 1$ I spent on it. Did couple flights, still learning, most problems were able to fix by myself, but I still can't really manage the autopilot.

Very ofter my A/P NAV missing points and after passing one point it's just flying ahead without a turn. To fix it, I need to get into DIR mode and redirect it. What's wrong here?

11 minutes ago, F1le said:

Very ofter my A/P NAV missing points and after passing one point it's just flying ahead without a turn. To fix it, I need to get into DIR mode and redirect it. What's wrong here?

Can you post some example screenshots showing PFD, MFD, and first legs page on the CDU, please?

You have a lot of rudder input going in (see the slip indicator below the FMAs), most likely unintentionally, but at Mach .80 even a small amount of input has a big impact. You should recalibrate your Yaw axis, and if there's still an issue, configure a dead zone at the centre of it.

Edited by Pils
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Pils said:

You have a lot of rudder input going in (see the slip indicator below the FMAs), most likely unintentionally, but at Mach .80 even a small amount of input has a big impact. You should recalibrate your Yaw axis, and if there's still an issue, configure a dead zone at the centre of it.

I've recalibrated every axis and also as you mentioned added dead-zone to Yaw ... and it looks like it fixed the problem. Weird because only CL650 had this problem. Toliss A319, Zibo 738 etc were flying all good... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F1le said:

I've recalibrated every axis and also as you mentioned added dead-zone to Yaw ... and it looks like it fixed the problem. Weird because only CL650 had this problem. Toliss A319, Zibo 738 etc were flying all good... 

Likely a difference in how their autopilots are implemented (using default, etc.).