NAV cannot activate

kotta

Hello,

Thank you for the V2, this is an excellent aircraft like the early version as well.

I had a little problem what im experienced today with OEM version.

When i try fly outbound radial VOR i cannot activate NAV, seems NAV working just inbound radial.

If i fly over the VOR, the NAV not switched off autmatically, it is still activated, but if i switch off i cannot activate again. 

BC working both situation inbound and outbound radial too.

Am i the only one having a problem with this?

Edited by kotta

OK, I found it.  its from the SPZ-500 operating manual of all places.  (I was looking in the MU-2 manual supplement previously).  So yea, you need to be more than 20nm from the station for NAV mode to engage. (See excerpt from Sperry docs below)

This is documented in my MU-2 docs on autopilot usage.

http://togasim.com/mu2docs/supplements/spz500.html#fd-mode-control-panel-mcp

image.png

Edited by tkyler

So after a bit more research...the Autopilot maintenance manual does NOT mention the 20nm restriction, only the official "pilot manual" for the autopilot.  I find it possible that the pilot manual may be erroneous (or ambiguous as to other criteria not elucidated) and more inclined to follow the maintenance manual wording.  As such, I'll remove the 20nm restriction in the next update....unless I discover a reason otherwise...or some other operating mode where the 20nm limit has applicability.  

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Im very disappointed that the new version 2.1.0 not available for XP11.

I was looking forward to the above bug fix.

Could you solve it so that at least the bug fixes are included in a version that runs on XP11?

Thank you and best regards

Attila

48 minutes ago, kotta said:

Hello,

Im very disappointed that the new version 2.1.0 not available for XP11.

I was looking forward to the above bug fix.

Could you solve it so that at least the bug fixes are included in a version that runs on XP11?

Thank you and best regards

Attila

X-Plane 11 now represents 13% of the MU-2 user base, and that number continues to dwindle. For obvious reasons, we won't be spending time on X-Plane 11 from here on out, but will continue to make available the last working version for it.

Hello Cameron,

What you write is quite impolite.

When I bought this product 2022 November, I didn't see it written as "end of support XP11" or "latest stable version of XP11". XP12 release at september 2022, XP11 still available on the x-plane.com.

Please fix the bugs in the 2.0.4 version and please correct "20NM outbound VOR cannot activate NAV" function.

Of course, your income doesn't leave me cold, but face it, ending your support for something a few months after its release is a pretty bad thing.

Thank you and best regards.

Attila

Edited by kotta

7 hours ago, kotta said:

Hello Cameron,

What you write is quite impolite.

When I bought this product 2022 November, I didn't see it written as "end of support XP11" or "latest stable version of XP11". XP12 release at september 2022, XP11 still available on the x-plane.com.

Please fix the bugs in the 2.0.4 version and please correct "20NM outbound VOR cannot activate NAV" function.

Of course, your income doesn't leave me cold, but face it, ending your support for something a few months after its release is a pretty bad thing.

Attila

Attila, I'm sorry you found this impolite. It's not intended that way. It is matter of fact, and while that may be something you don't like, lying to you about the situation would be worse.

We don't have any intentions of going back to spend resources on a dying platform like X-Plane 11. 13% is a small amount of customers to put resources into, and that number will continue to get smaller and smaller as people transition to XP 12. The update will always be available to you and free for X-Plane 12 whenever you decide to make that move.

• Like 1

I understand the approach from the economic side, but I don't think you see what is my problem. I bought the MU-2 aircraft in November 2022. I think at this time MU-2 didn't support XP12 yet, that's one of the reasons I bought XP11. I was never able to use it properly because it didn't work well (for example i didn't fly the missing approach with VOR or cannot fly precise VOR2VOR navigation). I waited a few months for the bug fix and in May 2023 I get from the developer that I'm only 13%!? If I want to use it as intended, I would have to buy XP12, obviously I would also have to buy a new computer. This is ridiculous. I think it would be expected of a developer to at least fix the bugs for a live, non-archived simulator a few months after the released software. I emphasize that XP 11 is still available, not an abandoned version.

Thank you if you change your mind and correct the mistakes and make a final release for the 13% (according to them I am not alone and not 8 buyers of all this wonderful aircraft).

Attila

Edited by kotta