G1000 autopilot can't keep up with the flight director

palomar90210

I am having a problem where the GFC700 autopilot on the Torquesim SR22 can't keep up with the flight director. The flight director knows the right thing to do, but the autopilot is very slow to follow.

Has anyone seen this, or do the Torquesim folks have any ideas for how to troubleshoot this?

It is partiuclarly bad when I have clouds on, although you would think on an i9-11900K with 64GB of RAM and an RTX 3090 X-Plane could handle this!

Thanks for the video. It does seem to be a bit less responsive than we typically see. Can you send a log.txt of the loaded aircraft with and without your normal assortment of plugins (Noble, etc.)?

Given that this is worse with clouds, this makes me think it is most likely just due to CPU saturation on the X-Plane thread, but I want to see if we can rule out other possibilities. Additionally, there is a fuel imbalance here, that can slow down roll responsiveness a bit.

53 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks for the video. It does seem to be a bit less responsive than we typically see. Can you send a log.txt of the loaded aircraft with and without your normal assortment of plugins (Noble, etc.)?

Given that this is worse with clouds, this makes me think it is most likely just due to CPU saturation on the X-Plane thread, but I want to see if we can rule out other possibilities. Additionally, there is a fuel imbalance here, that can slow down roll responsiveness a bit.

Thanks @Coop !  For sure - what's the best way to send the logs to you?

Hi @Coop, I sent you a DM with the logs (let me know if it would be useful to post them here for others)

Looking cloesly at the video, what's happening in roll is interesting - the autopilot is actually overshooting in roll.

What happens in pitch at the end is also interesting - at first it undershoots considerably in pitch as the flight director bars move up.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine does the same in both the SR22 and SR20. I have the RealSimGear yoke, and the Yoke makes way more extreme adjustments than needed (pitch control as well), with the autopilot having the same issues with aileron control as shown in the above video. I don't have the same issues with other aircraft in X-Plane. Also, mine doesn't seem to be any different in clouds/high rendering of any kind.

Edited by mattjlpage
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...