Knobs not working with mouse wheel

gshell81

When I'm using the pop-out windows for the DCP and CCP I cannot turn the knobs.  It will only allow me to push the center button.  My mouse wheel does nothing.  It's only when I'm the pop-out window.  In normal 3D cockpit they work fine.  Never had this issue with any other plane and this has been the case since the very first version.  I do have the latest version currently.  Any thoughts?

39 minutes ago, gshell81 said:

When I'm using the pop-out windows for the DCP and CCP I cannot turn the knobs.  It will only allow me to push the center button.  My mouse wheel does nothing.  It's only when I'm the pop-out window.  In normal 3D cockpit they work fine.  Never had this issue with any other plane and this has been the case since the very first version.  I do have the latest version currently.  Any thoughts?

Remove all third party plugins except Gizmo and try again? No-one else has reported this problem.

So after lots of troubleshooting from getting rid of all plugins to downloading a new copy of XP and CL650 I finally found the issue.  I have a 3 monitor setup and I have my "main monitor" as the middle monitor.  So in XP I set monitor 1 to full screen and change the resolution so it will fit across all 3 screens.  For some reason when I use "monitor 1" the mouse wheel doesn't work on these knobs but when I switch to the main monitor it works fine!  Very strange bug that I about never figured out.  

• Like 1

Glad you figured out the issue, the fact it was a multiple monitor setup was definitely key missing information.

But changing the resolution and having a single render window that stretches across the entire desktop doesn’t sound like how one is meant to set up XP for multiple monitors. That’s the whole point of view offsets.

But maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’ve done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

The way op describes their setup seems similar to setting up nvidia surround which I have always struggled with getting to work the way I wanted.  It was suppose to be gentle on the frame hits but I found myself having to transition in and out of it because I hated how the desktop setup worked with it. 

I have had good success with what Pils describes using the built in monitor offsets in xplane.  It works a lot better than a stretched view. Its worth a try.

I have 3 24" 1080 monitors.  In XP settings I just set 1 monitor to full screen with a custom resolution of 5760x1080.  I've always done it this way.  I watched a video about it 2 or 3 years ago saying it was the best way to do it.  When I tried to setup individual monitors, it was very frustrating to get them to line up just right with the offsets, plus it seemed to kill my FPS.  This way has always worked for me and I've never had issues.  Maybe I'll try again actually setting up 3 monitors separately.  I do have a new graphics card now than I did 3 years ago.  I'll let you know if have any improvement.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by gshell81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gshell81 said:

When I tried to setup individual monitors, it was very frustrating to get them to line up just right with the offsets, plus it seemed to kill my FPS.

This is true.  You need the graphics card to support this configuration because it does eat the frame rate.  I just know after I set the offsets I was able to correct for the bezel easily and no more issues with a stretched view or not being able to click on the secondary monitors.  Never hurts to try especially with a new graphics card on board....Good luck!