v2.0.4 issues with 5-blade GNS version

daemotron

The 5 blade GNS version seems to have an issue with engine management:

• the yellow ignition light doesn't come up when trying to start engines (exactly following the checklist)
  • engines can be started through the menu though (Shift+Ctrl+e)
  • if started this way, props don't come off the locks when trying to unlock them

The 5 blade glass version works completely normal; engines can be started, and props unlocked after start. Any ideas?

Hi,

sorry, I am aware that this may be of no help, but I just did about 20 flights on the 5B GNS (v2.0.4 on XP11) over the last few days, and everything is working perfectly fine here. So at least the AC seems to be OK, and I would suspect some other reason ("leftover" joystick binding or FWL script or whatever ...).

Best regards

Fresh attempt - I reset all Mu-related configuration files and deactivated the RXP GTNs. Now I could start it. Weird, but *shrug*

In return, I found another issue - the MU seems to be sensitive with regards to where it's loaded. Example: when I try loading it at CYYR (11.55 default scenery) ramp position 38, it CTDs a few seconds after having been loaded. At ramp position 40, no issues. (also with the RXP GTNs deactivated). My suspicion: it could be the G500 plugin (which loads in the background, no matter which version of the MU you actually load in sim) - position 40 is on a fake tarmac, not a real taxiway tarmac.

Edited by daemotron

That crash is happening on Windows, not Mac, so I think this is something else going on here. In particular since I only deactivated (moved) the rsg_g500 plugin folder but kept the OpenGPWS one. Unfortunately, those crashes are "hard" CTDs, i.e., the log is just ending abruptly, and also XP doesn't generate a crash dump in those cases - doesn't make it any easier to figure out what's happening. Only correlation I could find up to now is the combination of startup location and the G500 plugin.

Now what's interesting is that I can load the Cessna 172 with G500 on those spots without producing a CTD (which also uses both plugins, G500 and OpenGPWS). Conclusively, it must be something in the interaction between the G500 and the MU-2B which causes this crash. If I can obtain a log or crash dump, I'll upload them here.

P.S. another observation: this crash only happens if loading the MU directly after starting X-Plane, i.e., loading it from the "Start new flight" screen. If I load the C172 first in such a spot, and then switch to the MU, it doesn't crash.

P.P.S. the OpenGPWS crash on unload (known for Mac iirc) also happens on Windows (cf. attached log and crash report).

crash_report_11_13_2022_07_44_53.rpt Log.txt

Edited by daemotron