Default GNSs do not power up

snakem12

Hi,

just FYI...
I (virtually) removed the RXP GTN plugin (via XPOrganizer) on XP restart and loaded the default GNS variant. In this case the GNSs stay dark. Looking at the mu2b60_prefs.txt it still has the attribute "rxpgtn_config_enum:4" set (i.e. the GTN 750/650 that were selected on the last flight), but there is no option to switch back to the default GNS via the options panel (as the GPS selection is not shown, because RXP is "not installed"). So the only way seems to change that attribute to "rxpgtn_config_enum:1" manually before loading the plane after the RXP plugin was removed.

Shouldn't the code simply default to (effectivlely) "rxpgtn_config_enum:1" if no RXP stuff is installed on load?

Hi,

thanks!

No big deal after the culprit is found, manually editing the prevs works fine. It's just confusing if there seems to be no way to power up those dark GNSs, not with the radio switches nor any other "in sim" means. As long as the GTNs are (invisibly) "selected" via the prefs the GNSs simply seem not being "installed" (internally, although shown on the panel) I guess.

So it is manageable even without a fix if the cause is kown. Just wanted to inform in case someone else also is puzzeled by dark GNSs ;-)

Best regards.