Sound with Headset on in the cockpit?

bakerman

I have a question about the headset. If I click the headset in the cockpit, also putting the thing on my virtual head, should the sound not be played through the sound option picked in the settings from the challenger? The only thing witch changes now is the sound level, nothing else? All my sounds are still coming through the default win 11 sound channel.

What is this openAl sound anyway?

Thanks 

Bruno

• Upvote 1

Thanks Ben

so I checked the OpenAl sound on my system with "openallsurround.exe" a test program I found in the deepness of the internet. Everything is working as it should.
But my Challenger plays still all the sounds true the default channel and not true the USB headset witch I have set in the C650 Audio settings. The switch is simply not working at all. Any thing I could check to make this working? 

Bruno 

3 hours ago, bakerman said:

Thanks Ben

so I checked the OpenAl sound on my system with "openallsurround.exe" a test program I found in the deepness of the internet. Everything is working as it should.
But my Challenger plays still all the sounds true the default channel and not true the USB headset witch I have set in the C650 Audio settings. The switch is simply not working at all. Any thing I could check to make this working? 

Bruno 

That setting is only applicable for (nav) radio audio output. Everything else is played via the default system audio by X-Plane.