GTN 750/GNS 430 doesn't work correctly. A black rectangle blocking GTN 750 screen

sdrpa

I have GTN 750 license, I set it up according https://www.togasim.com/mu2docs/setup/realityxp.html but GTN 750 is "blocked" by black rectangle (see attached screenshot)

Could you check GTN 750/GNS 430 work correctly?

P.S. I don't have license for GTN 650, only for GTN 750 (that's why I'm using GTN 750/GNS 430 combination)

2022-10-01 01_39_07-X-System.jpg

Edited by sdrpa

• sdrpa changed the title to GTN 750/GNS 430 doesn't work correctly. A black rectangle blocking GTN 750 screen
26 minutes ago, goose88 said:

I am having this exact issue. i have both 650 and 750 and when i turn on avitab it displays into that black box where the garmin should be. hopefully this is a simple fix

Good catch! After removing Avitab from X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\ all work fine. Should be a simple fix.

2022-10-01 03_12_16-X-System.jpg

Edited by sdrpa

23 minutes ago, sdrpa said:

Good catch! After removing Avitab from X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\ all work fine. Should be a simple fix.

A total mismapping of the cockpit texture on my part....indeed a simple fix, but will need a new 'export' on my end.   I'll get a fix out right quick.  Sorry about that.....lot of options this guy.

-TK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, tkyler said:

A total mismapping of the cockpit texture on my part....indeed a simple fix, but will need a new 'export' on my end.   I'll get a fix out right quick.  Sorry about that.....lot of options this guy.

-TK

No sweat! I appreciate the fast response! I'm in love with the Moo lol and the rxp and rsg make it that much better

3 hours ago, tkyler said:

-TK

I also note that in XP12 at least the GTN750/650 preferences are not saved when you shut down XP so it has to be reloaded from the menu every startup. Yes I do hit the safe preferences button.  I know the GTN is not officially XP12 ready but I have mine working fine and in the Islander fro example I don't have any issues.

Thanks for your hard work on this plane to. One of my firm favorites.

OK, disabling the Avitab plugin as mentioned above fixed it.

One last thing, any way to fix the Map Light rheostat so it actually controls the intensity of the light? The Moo is so lovely at nigh but this would top the cake to be able to dial in a hint of ambient light. :)

Also, now I can't seem to find the Moo specific group in control assignments to configure joystick buttons. Has this been changed? What is it now? I'm trying to assign the "AP" button on the console that turns on AP and YD altogether but can't find the relevant dataref group...

Edited by kutyafal

2 hours ago, tkyler said:

Checking a few more things, but I expect to get a 2.0.4 update out asap

While you're at it, perhaps you may want to correct the GTN panel positions/sizes. As they are now they are a little too big for their bezel. E.g. the top "Home" header line on the GTN 650 is currently cut off ("out of the bezel"). If you review 

there are GTN "in 3D bezel panel sizes" that match better. Just a small thing, but simply looks cleaner ;)

I actually did adjust the screens a bit for the update.   Here's the GTN 650 and 750 UV mapping for 2.0.4.  it all looked to fit in the bezel.   The 650 header wasn't "cut off"...it was obscured by the Avitab black screen...with that fix, the 650 screen is fully visible now. That being said, I still did adjust the UV Mapping a bit to make it cleaner.

-TK

image.png

Edited by tkyler

Wow! Kudos for being on top of things! I love this plane! Now, just one little tidbit regarding the installer. Maybe a notification about saving the prefs file before the install proceeds (like in the Challenger installer) would be prudent to give users a reminder and a chance to save their view setups before it gets overwritten?

16 hours ago, tkyler said:
  • Avitab / GTN screen conflict fixed.    
  • GTN "save config" preference fixed.  
  • Map light fixed.

Checking a few more things, but I expect to get a 2.0.4 update out asap.

TK

Sorry, but I still can't find the command to press the AP button on the master AP panel behind the quadrant. I'm looking for the command that's equivalent (not "servos on") to pressing that button that turns on both the AP master and YD at the same time. I checked the online reference here but nothing: https://www.togasim.com/mu2docs/setup/mu2_commands.html.

Can you tell me what this command would be? Is it even implemented? Thanks!

You are correct that the command is NOT in the list of custom commands on the docs.  sorry I missed that,  I will get that fixed promptly.  The command is:

xscenery/mu2b60/manips/ap_button

and that command will also turn on the Yaw damper at the same time.

Here's a few others on that AP panel also:

xscenery/mu2b60/manips/ap_yaw_button

xscenery/mu2b60/manips/ap_soft_ride_button

Seems I have several "manipulator interface commands" not present.  I generate that list automatically via a script as there are so many commands in my code and my parsing script missed a bunch of these "manipulator" commands.  Perhaps its time for a dedicated manual perusal of that list.  Thx again for pointing this out.

-TK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

Hm... Are those xscenery/mu2b50/manips/... commands supposed to be shown in XP(11)'s list of commands to be bound to keys or buttons? The xscenery/mu2b60/ category is there, and also a xscenery/mu2b60/misc/, but no xscenery/mu2b60/manips/. Or are they only reachable via API?

Edited by snakem12

I'm so sorry....total brain lapse on my part...I was responding "while on the move" and wasn't really thinking this through.  Some manipulators are "command" type...and they are "on the command list" however, some are "push button" type, and those are NOT on the list. ...and indeed, this button is not a command type and there is NO command for it unfortunately.  I'll add in these for the next update.  It probably should have been a command type from the beginning.   Again, sorry for confusion.

-TK

• Like 2