Loupedeck Live HOW TO

LvH

Cheers,

since hours I,m trying to get my Loupedeck Live running on X-Plane 11 MAC with the XMidiCtrl plugin but I think I'm too stupid. Working day by day on "real life" aircrafts, is more easy then getting a 200bucks electronic device working under x-plane :D

What I need to do, to get signals from the Loupedeck (example upper left rotary knob for HDG) into x-Plane (HDG selector on the MCP).

I already created a new profile in the LoupedeckConfig App, that switches automatically active when starting x-plane, but there must be much more magic.

Additionally i found a YT video from DINKIssTyle, he is running x-plane with the Loupedeck Live and the XMidiCtrl plugin, also he provided the .toml data and a lot of icons for the Loupedeck (and a spreadsheet where I have no clue what to do) but simply, my Loupedeck doesn't want's a relationship with x-plane.

Anyone here who could offer me a step-by-step manual?

Kind Regards

Lars

Well, not knocking XMidiCtrl, but there's a program out there that takes 'any' MIDI device and allows you to:

"Turn your MIDI pads, keyboards or controllers into the most sophisticated Macro triggers, app launchers, clipboard processor and more"

see: https://mediachance.com/midimacros/

I have both available keyboard programs: 

Ultimate Shortcut/Macro software with support for multiple keyboards
Ultimate Shortcut/Macro software with support for MIDI controllers

Hope this helps,
Blueb

It sounds like you're not too far off, you just need to spend a bit more time understanding the elements of the mapping file for XMidiCtrl. The plugin has a debug mode which will show the real-time midi signals that ARE coming in, even if they're not mapped to any functions. So, that would be where I'd start. THe TOML file contains a device name, port numbers (identifying inbound vs outbound commands), a channel number (mine is 11 for all commands), and 'cc' numbers which distinguish one command from another.

Here's an example of a rotary knob mapping:

{ ch = 11, cc = 1, type = "enc", command_up = "CL650/DCP/1/baro_up", command_down = "CL650/DCP/1/baro_down" },

And here's an example of a button mapping:

{ ch = 11, cc = 63, sl = "0", type = "cmd", command = "CL650/CCP/1/menu_push" },

I am using a stock profile for the CL650 for XMidiCtrl, however, I did have to load a 'layer file' from the PC to the XMidiCtrl that came with XMidiCtrl using a Behringer tool, otherwise the inbound commands were very different. Specifically, the knobs can send an absolute value based on the knobs position (such as a volume control being at 0%, 50% or 100%), or they can send a relative change (ie, increase 1 or decrease 1). Out of the box, the hardware was sending absolute values. Uploading the layer file reprogrammed the unit with specific CC values for the various buttons AND changed the knobs to relative mode. How that applies to the Loupedeck I'm not sure, however, the debugging mode in XMIdiCtrl should go a long way to helping you determine what is going on.

Make sure you understand the format of the TOML file to some degree, or you'll be miserable. 

• 1 month later...