Checklist: Before landing

honeycool75

While preparing for landing, plane is still in autopilot "nav" or "approach" and ATS is still activated, I started the before landing checklist. Part of that checklist, the first officer performs "set take-off/go around" thrust. ATS will disconnect and suddenly airspeed immediately spools up, plane begin to pitch up caused by the increased thrust. As such, I'll have to manually regain control of the thrust levers, readjusted the airspeed and finally reactivated ATS. From what I've described, is that normal? This happens every time I start the said checklist.

Thanks. 

Edited by honeycool75

1 hour ago, rjb4000 said:

Are you pressing the TO/GA button at some point after you’ve departed? It sounds like the FO is convinced you’re trying to perform a go around. Normally, when transitioning from the in-range checklist to the before landing checklist, go around actions are not performed.

This.  You are hitting TOGA instead of setting go around thrust.  Go back to your performance page and select the top left selection of "TO" thrust. It will turn magenta (I think....damn maybe its green i can't remember) and it will be set.

I know it sounds odd, when the before landing checklist is in progress, my hands are not touching any switches, i.e. the plane is still in full autopilot + ATS engaged. I replicated the issue again today, the FO will say "Set Go Around Thrust" and then ATS disengaged, thrust increases forcing the plane to suddenly pitch up.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:54 PM, rjb4000 said:

Are you pressing the TO/GA button at some point after you’ve departed? It sounds like the FO is convinced you’re trying to perform a go around. Normally, when transitioning from the in-range checklist to the before landing checklist, go around actions are not performed.

No, I don't think I've pressed the TOGA again after take-off because I replicated the issue again.

honeycool is right , I get the same thing when the FO is preparing for the in range checklist, the ATS will disconnect, happen to me in x-plane 11 and now in the beta x-plane 12, it has be to a bug, hence why I don't perform the in range checklist anymore, will fly it again and see if it happen again for me.

40 minutes ago, airhd said:

honeycool is right , I get the same thing when the FO is preparing for the in range checklist, the ATS will disconnect, happen to me in x-plane 11 and now in the beta x-plane 12, it has be to a bug, hence why I don't perform the in range checklist anymore, will fly it again and see if it happen again for me.

More likely you’ve forgotten to set the N1 thrust target prior to changing the bleed air selection.