Sr20 That bad on frames?

I've just bought the SR20 and to be honest, I'm pretty shocked at the frames I'm getting.  I average about 30 frames with the SF260, the Zibo, 60 with the c172, and 10 for the SR20.  I can't even taxi with it.  I've had multiple crashes to desktop.

I know my specs are not great, but to drop so badly is not something I expected, especially when the SF260 is a delight to fly.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz 16gb RAM

NVIDIA T600

3 hours ago, LauraDaXplora said:

I've just bought the SR20 and to be honest, I'm pretty shocked at the frames I'm getting.  I average about 30 frames with the SF260, the Zibo, 60 with the c172, and 10 for the SR20.  I can't even taxi with it.  I've had multiple crashes to desktop.

I know my specs are not great, but to drop so badly is not something I expected, especially when the SF260 is a delight to fly.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz 16gb RAM

NVIDIA T600

Yeah, with that CPU you are on the absolute minimum to even potentially be viable. The Entegra system uses ~1-2 threads just to run itself. The physics model for the aircraft also uses ~1 thread. This is even before considering X-Plane and the operating system's needs. With modern CPUs with tons of cores this isn't an issue, but when you are running on a 4 thread total system, its going to be difficult to get running smoothly. We have seen other users find success through closing all other problems and minimizing X-Plane's graphics settings to minimum for ones that relate to CPU, as well as removing additional third party addons/plugins. 

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Yeah, with that CPU you are on the absolute minimum to even potentially be viable. The Entegra system uses ~1-2 threads just to run itself. The physics model for the aircraft also uses ~1 thread. This is even before considering X-Plane and the operating system's needs. With modern CPUs with tons of cores this isn't an issue, but when you are running on a 4 thread total system, its going to be difficult to get running smoothly. We have seen other users find success through closing all other problems and minimizing X-Plane's graphics settings to minimum for ones that relate to CPU, as well as removing additional third party addons/plugins. 

Damn, That was a waste of $50 - a plane I can't fly.  Honestly expected a GA plane to have a smaller hit than a heavy, even dropping every setting to minimum I was lucky to get 10 frames on this, and averaged 60 on the zibo, SF260, DHC2.