G500 & G5 + X-Plane 12 Early Access

carlmjs

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Is there any news on the G500 rework ?

The XP12 specific version of the Beech Sundowner is apparently about to release with a G500 cockpit so it'll be a pity if we don't have the working avionics to go with that.

We don't have any known issues being worked on at the moment

8 hours ago, Coop said:

We don't have any known issues being worked on at the moment

That's odd as a number of people have found the G500 started CTDing when it's powered from XP12b5 (?) onwards.

I've just tried a fresh install of G500 with an empty mod Plugins, just default files in Custom Scenery folder and only the LR aircraft and C172-G500 in the Aircraft folder and it crashed with the attached log.txt generated when the battery was turned on.

Is there any additional logging for the G500 (or possibly OpenGPWS plugin) that can be enabled to see what's happening ?

Log.txt

12 hours ago, Matchstick said:

That's odd as a number of people have found the G500 started CTDing when it's powered from XP12b5 (?) onwards.

I've just tried a fresh install of G500 with an empty mod Plugins, just default files in Custom Scenery folder and only the LR aircraft and C172-G500 in the Aircraft folder and it crashed with the attached log.txt generated when the battery was turned on.

Is there any additional logging for the G500 (or possibly OpenGPWS plugin) that can be enabled to see what's happening ?

Log.txt 190.38 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the log, looking into this. 

I bought the avionic suite G500 and it was working perfectly with X-Plane 11 but now I am not flying with X-Plane 11 but with X-Plane 12 and the airports on the map side of the G500 have completely disappeared as you can see in the picture joined.

The airports are visible on both avionic screens but not on the G500

What must I do to make them appear again ?
Must I have to wait for an update ?

Thanks for your help

910115892_Cessna_172SP_G500-2022-11-1516_29_55.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 4:35 PM, Marcodu68 said:

I bought the avionic suite G500 and it was working perfectly with X-Plane 11 but now I am not flying with X-Plane 11 but with X-Plane 12 and the airports on the map side of the G500 have completely disappeared as you can see in the picture joined.

The airports are visible on both avionic screens but not on the G500

What must I do to make them appear again ?
Must I have to wait for an update ?

Thanks for your help

have loaded the G500 in XP12, think the aviation database is not read correctly

maybe needs adaptiion to XP12 ?

thanks !

image.png.28e11431b67ef6483f246e5fe00562f3.png

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping that the RC5 fix to scenery data might be related to the CTD problem and have resolved it but that doesn't look to the the case - just tried with a fresh XP12 RC5 copy with only the G500 installed and I'm still getting the crash.

Is there any progress identifying what might be causing the issues coming at the problem from the RSG side ?

(included a copy of log.txt from the clean instance just in case there's something useful there)

Log.txt

Edited by Matchstick

• 2 weeks later...

Immediately after installing the G500 Avionics Suite, I am also getting a CTD as soon as I power on the MU-2 in XP12 (it locks up and CTDs within 10 secs on battery on). This includes both the GNS and the glass versions (ie., even the version that does not use the G500 panel crashes, ostensibly because the plugin is still running). Prior to installing the RealSimGear G500 I had not had a CTD in over 600 hours of flight time in the betas, RCs, or v12. Attaching my logLog.txt.

Edited by Leviathan

Are there instructions anywhere for completely uninstalling this product from my X-Plane install? From what I could tell from the installation dialogue and from the large number of G500 and RSG files throughout my X-Plane install, this thing puts stuff in many places and I'd like it completely gone until you guys sort this out. 

Thanks.

Edited by Leviathan

10 hours ago, Leviathan said:

Are there instructions anywhere for completely uninstalling this product from my X-Plane install? From what I could tell from the installation dialogue and from the large number of G500 and RSG files throughout my X-Plane install, this thing puts stuff in many places and I'd like it completely gone until you guys sort this out. 

Thanks.

As the plugin only runs on a per-aircraft basis, in the aircraft that you installed it in, you can remove the "rsg_g500" and "OpenGPWS" folders from the aircraft's /plugins/ directory. 

2 hours ago, Coop said:

As the plugin only runs on a per-aircraft basis, in the aircraft that you installed it in, you can remove the "rsg_g500" and "OpenGPWS" folders from the aircraft's /plugins/ directory. 

Thanks. I did do this but I was still crashing on other variants of the MU2 that don’t even use the G500 panels, but I guess those are ‘variants’ as opposed to separate aircraft for our purposes. Ended up reverting to a backup I made before installing and all good now. If it’s of any use, I tried uninstalling the RXP plugins because I thought there might be a conflict and it was still crashing.