Challenger 650 feature suggestions for cockpit usability improvements

kutyafal

First of all congrats on a superb bird! I know lots of work went into this, followed the streams as it was developed. After flying a few routes I have some suggestions to make interacting with the cockpit a bit easier. If this is not the right place to make such suggestions I appreciate pointing me to the right place. So here goes the list:

- add the ability to change the zoom of PPOS view on the ND (MFD) via holding RMB and scrolling with the wheel like it's done for the chart display. If only on popup that will still help but would be even better in the 3D cockpit display.

- add ability to save and trigger several popup sets not just the current "toggle all popups" command. I.e. I'd like one set for CCP1/DCP1 and another for CCP2 and MFD2 for charts. Yes, my eyes are not the best....

- add the possibility for click-and-hold scrolling of speed, heading, course and altitude knobs. In rough weather it's hard to keep pointed on these knobs when the plane is being tossed around. In these situations click-hold scrolling seems the most reliable.

- is there a command to quickly jump back into the default seating position without having to click on the seat?

That's it for now. I can't  wait for what's in the future for this experience. Thanks!

Edited by kutyafal

• kutyafal changed the title to Challenger 650 feature suggestions for cockpit usability improvements
6 hours ago, kutyafal said:

add the possibility for click-and-hold scrolling of speed, heading and altitude knobs.

Been previously requested many times and so far rejected. But you never know.

6 hours ago, kutyafal said:

is there a command to quickly jump back into the default seating position without having to click on the seat?

What would normally be the W key can be rebound in the keyboard configuration. It’s a standard command for the default view.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, kutyafal said:

Ah, never mind. Just found out that you have to be on the way for the offset option to show up. I suppose +2, -2 or something like it would be an entry?

Parallel offset entries must be in whole or tenth nautical miles within the range 0.1 to 99.9 NM, and preceded or followed by L or - for left of the course, or R or + for right of the course (for example, L0.5, 5L, R28, 99.9R). To change an entered offset parallel course, enter a new course, only numbers, or only letters.

Edited by Pils