IXEG For X-Plane 12 status.

tkyler

7 hours ago, tkyler said:

A freighter version for the -400 has potential because the workload to produce that is "relatively" light.  The -500, being a shorter variant would require a much more laborious effort to change both the 3D and the flight model, being geometrically disparate...and the return on investment in that, I believe, probably would not justify the efforts.   While I think a freighter variant would appeal to a statistically smaller set of customer use cases, I recognize that there is still a place for it...and so I do want to do a -400 freighter at some point.

..and yes, I'm still working on the 733 every day...my carpel tunnel and "tennis elbow" remind me constantly.  I think I can safely say at this point that we'll definitely put out a more informative report this week on whats going on with the development.

-tkyler

I mean I'm already invested in whatever variants of the 737 Classic y'all come out with haha; I think most of the IXEG users will wait however long you'd need to get the 735 made. I've been missing the 734/735 from my fleet since the Wilco 737 PIC days.

But I'm just one dude with a affinity for your 733 lol. Thanks for the response!

• Like 4

On 3/26/2023 at 10:56 AM, tkyler said:

A freighter version for the -400 has potential because the workload to produce that is "relatively" light. 

And I wouldn't be too bold in presuming we would see a regular -400 alongside the freighter if that were to happen in the future? I agree the -500 is sorta not work/reward equal but the -400 would be pretty nice to see

• Like 2

There'll be a  small delay in the timing of our update report that I wanted to get out by tomorrow......typical unseen life logistics eating up a couple of days...but things are moving along really well and steady and we're excited to give the update.

-tkyler

• Like 4

Just out of curiousity, with the Gizmo Plugin it causes issue with other addon aircraft (X-Plane crashing to desktop) im just wondering if this plugin issue will be addressed obviously not right now but at some point in the future once the IXEG is safely off the ground in XP12?

Btw thanks for your hard work in IXEG team for getting this aircraft working in XP12 its really appreciated! 

5 hours ago, PEPcessna said:

Just out of curiousity, with the Gizmo Plugin it causes issue with other addon aircraft (X-Plane crashing to desktop) im just wondering if this plugin issue will be addressed obviously not right now but at some point in the future once the IXEG is safely off the ground in XP12?

Btw thanks for your hard work in IXEG team for getting this aircraft working in XP12 its really appreciated! 

https://blog.x-plugins.com/2023/02/gizmo64-version-23.html?m=1

Please provide links to current/recent forum threads or reddit posts if you're going to make posts like this so that I can look into the issue. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, tkyler said:

A freighter version for the -400 has potential because the workload to produce that is "relatively" light.  The -500, being a shorter variant would require a much more laborious effort to change both the 3D and the flight model, being geometrically disparate...and the return on investment in that, I believe, probably would not justify the efforts.   While I think a freighter variant would appeal to a statistically smaller set of customer use cases, I recognize that there is still a place for it...and so I do want to do a -400 freighter at some point.

..and yes, I'm still working on the 733 every day...my carpel tunnel and "tennis elbow" remind me constantly.  I think I can safely say at this point that we'll definitely put out a more informative report this week on whats going on with the development.

-tkyler

Thank you for keeping this lovely plane alive and updating it to the next platform. The freighter version would be nice also, if you have the energy to create it. :-)

Edited by Henri_65