AP randomly dissengages

Blueoval33

2 hours ago, Blueoval33 said:

I was flying yesterday from CYYE to CYPE at 5000' all I was doing was using the increase/decrease button on my bravo to change the heading bug as per 124thATC instructions. The AP randomly turned off on me 3 times during flight. Any Ideas?

Cheers,

Not enough info.  What is your bravo switch bound to?   Also, please attach your log.txt file.

I did another flight last night from CYOD to CYQU and it worked flawlessly. The only thing I did different this time was I used the mouse to change the altitude to descend instead of the incr/decr button on my Bravo. I can work with that. Having said that, how do you prevent the mouse scroll wheel from zooming as your trying to manipulate the buttons? The other thing is I have the Big Red button bound to "Autopilot Engage/Disengage Switch" and after disengaging autopilot the alarm chime never shuts off. Is there a way to get it to only chime say 3 times then shut off?

Hi @JGregoryI did another flight last night from CYOD to CYQU and it worked flawlessly. The only thing I did different this time was I used the mouse to change the altitude to descend instead of the incr/decr button on my Bravo. I can work with that. Having said that, how do you prevent the mouse scroll wheel from zooming as your trying to manipulate the buttons? The other thing is I have the Big Red button bound to "Autopilot Engage/Disengage Switch" and after disengaging autopilot the alarm chime never shuts off. Is there a way to get it to only chime say 3 times then shut off?

HI @Cam thanks for the suggestion, Cheers!

1 hour ago, Blueoval33 said:

Hi @JGregory 

I did a flight just now from CYQU to CYXH and used rnav approach to rw21. Auto pilot turned itself off a few times. Log file attached.

Thanks! 

Log.txt 566.33 kB · 0 downloads

Your log.txt is being flooded with data from 124thATC, which is NOT GOOD.  Although this makes it harder to read the log.txt file, I don't think it is related to your AP disco issue.  I don't see anything else obvious in the log.txt file.  It's possible something else is interfering with the Saab. I would try removing your 3rd party plugins (except Gizmo, do several test flights, and let us know how it goes.  No one else is reporting this as a problem so it must be isolated to your system ( plugins, hardware, etc.) or pilot input.

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2022 at 9:13 AM, Blueoval33 said:

Hi @JGregoryI did another flight last night from CYOD to CYQU and it worked flawlessly. The only thing I did different this time was I used the mouse to change the altitude to descend instead of the incr/decr button on my Bravo. I can work with that. Having said that, how do you prevent the mouse scroll wheel from zooming as your trying to manipulate the buttons? The other thing is I have the Big Red button bound to "Autopilot Engage/Disengage Switch" and after disengaging autopilot the alarm chime never shuts off. Is there a way to get it to only chime say 3 times then shut off?

HI @Cam thanks for the suggestion, Cheers!

Your disconnect - push it twice. Make sure it is disconnect and not shutting off the AP. 2 different events. When I push DISC - it beeps 3 times then stops.