The Immortal DHC-2 Beaver

Pete_SMS

After fighting a flu during the last days, I feel a little better today and wanted to show you a small update on the texture maps. I removed the procedural texture from the spec map and the results look more realistic now. I am going to handpaint a few areas of less specularity, but overall I am quiet happy.

Have a look...

wipsim12.jpg

wipsim13.jpg

40,000 faces is not too much for an exterior model. There are add-ons with a much higher poly count. However, that is not a problem. X-Plane has not really a problem with high poly count, but I still prefer to not go crazy or insane with the number of polys/faces.

What really can affect fps though, is the number of textures and their size. So far everything is withing very reasonable limits and the aircraft performs nicely so far. So no worries.

Development is based and done on XP9. So this will be the primary version at the moment. I will make sure that it runs on XP10 as well though, and there will be a native XP10 version in the future as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I know it has been quiet for some time, but of course the Beaver made progress in that time period. So no worries. :)

I am happy that we can show you a few new WIP shots of the Beaver cargo version with tundra tires, alaska cargo doors, a slightly changed interior and a new livery. I hope you enjoy the WIP shots and the news. More soon.... :)

wip112.jpg

wip114.jpg

wip116.jpg

• Upvote 1