Bravo Hardware Discussion

tkyler

On 8/8/2022 at 10:56 AM, gercarst said:

is to make the "Lift throttles command" ONLY valid when hardware throttles are within that Alpha/Beta transition zone

I was a bit on the fence on this one....as I can make an argument for some folks wanting "full reverse"  with the lift-command; however, I think a simpler 'tolerance preference" might do the trick.  A percentage value, defaulting to 0.1, which would would be a zone +10%  above Flight Idle where you can lift the lever.  If you want to lift it any time you want to, then just set that to 1, etc.  I'm not biasing the zone up or down :)   Its symmetrical about the Flight Idle position

-TK

Edited by tkyler

so FYI....if my logic with my planned fix is flawed. let me know if I'm missing something.  When the "lift both power levers" command is executed....then I test for 3 hardware axis values.....the single throttle, the left and the right.  and if ANY of these axes are wihtin the tolerance zone, then the lift both command will lift both levers.  Previously, I only checked the single paddle (THROTTLE) hardware axis...since the "both" was originally intended for just single throttle paddles.  Now that's not the case.  This should allow you to hit the one button on the Bravo and move either lever.

• Like 1

The graphic below shows an "upper limit" and "lower limit" value for users to tweak their tolerance zone for when they want to lift the levers.  These are not %, but a ratio from 0 to 1, with flight idle point being at 0.5.  So a nominal tolerance zone might be a lower limit of 0.45 and an upper limit of 0.6.   Of course I'll document this before the update.

-TK

image.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 2

It looks very interesting and good.:)
I really regret that I will not be able to participate in the first tests of v2.0.2 
But, in two days I am leaving and I will be without XP access for ... 3 weeks :(

PS And maybe by then you will improve a few things in VR (basically everything works perfectly for me, except for hyperactivity  rotary  potentiometers: cockpit lights , SELECT knobs (LH / RH PROP, PITOT STATIC, STALL VANE), AIR COND and CABIN ALT knobs. :)

hope this plays.  last one was encoded wrong.  this is H.264. In this video, When moving the levers UP in BETA...I am "holding down" the lift levers command to illustrate how it only lifts and "captures" when in the zone.  (though I screwed up, leaving the pref window "in focus" for a bit before I figured it out.)

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello, I'm a new Owner and I have the Bravo and Alpha Hardware. I got the Throttle and most Switches and Functions to work. Nice Challenge. :-) and costs me a few hours.

One glitch I noticed is the speed of the Trim Wheel. The Pitch Trim is slow when using the Wheel on the Bravo or the switches on the Yoke. Is there a way to accelerate this a little bit?

Heinz-Juergen

41 minutes ago, meierzwo said:

Hello, I'm a new Owner and I have the Bravo and Alpha Hardware. I got the Throttle and most Switches and Functions to work. Nice Challenge. :-) and costs me a few hours.

One glitch I noticed is the speed of the Trim Wheel. The Pitch Trim is slow when using the Wheel on the Bravo or the switches on the Yoke. Is there a way to accelerate this a little bit?

Heinz-Juergen

Hi,

did you try to set "Repeat Activation" to e.g. "Delayed-Fast" on the respective event in HC-Configurator?