JRollon Planes announces collaboration with Turbine Sound Studios

philipp

In an ongoing effort to make our planes better, we not only want to improve what you see, but also what you hear.

Today we took an important step in this process: We are proud to announce the collaboration with the leading provider of high-quality FSX sound packs, Turbine Sound Studios, in a joined effort to bring their astounding sounds into the world of X-Plane.

Turbine Sound Studios is renowned in the FSX community for their highly acclaimed aftermarket sound packs for numerous jets, helicopters and turboprops and is also a winner of the simFlight award. With their first-ever appearance on X-Plane, Turbine Sound Studios is to provide a full range of engine, cockpit and environmental sounds for the JRollon CRJ-200, thus greatly enhancing your sim experience.

Turbine Sound Studios also has a YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...er/mrsubmission

As a first step towards a more immerse atmosphere, we are releasing an update to the CRJ-200 including two new custom plugin-driven sounds to ensure compatibility on Windows, Mac and Linux. The update will ship this week, together with corrections and bugfixes, as the second service pack to the CRJ.

Cheers to all CRJ Pilots,

Javier and Philipp from JRollon Planes

Christoffer from TSS

• Upvote 1

Hi Christoffer!

Good, welcome to our sound hell. BTW We need some competition in the X-Plane world B)

I think Laminar should really start thinking about upgrading their ARCHAIC sound "architecture" and no one sound plugin is really up to the task. I'm sure sonner (hope so) or later the audience will force it, because the real aviators are listening to the sounds :lol:

regards

arti

Edited by Andrzej Artymowicz

Kamil,

I did a little tweaking and also updated the underlying rendering code to the latest and greatest version.

It is hard to say if it will fix your specific issue, as this is indeed a very rare one, which seems only to occur in a combination of "AMD CPU and Linux" and seemingly only with your specific CPU, as we have other users on AMD processors, who didn't notice unusual stuttering. Unfortunately I also cannot test it, since I have no AMD PC.

In fact, it is extraordinary hard for me to adress an issue that I cannot track, because I cannot reproduce it and use my instrumentation and tools (profilers) on it.

So far I can only say, I did what could be done, and I certainly hope it happens to help your specific issue.

Philipp

PS: Update is compiled and uploading... Shouldn't take long now :)

Edited by philipp

No worries Philipp. I do understand how it is to chase ghostly bugs and problems. I should have phrased my question differently. Wanted to ask whether you included your AMD improvements you mentioned at some point. It all will be just a story of the past once I get i7 to run XP10 in few months time. It would be lovely to be able to pilot crj in the mean time though. ;-)

Kind regards,

Kamil