TOGA Simulation MU-2 Marquise v2.0.1 Update Released!

This will serve as an official announcement that we have released the TOGA Simulations MU-2 Marquise version 2.0.1 update. All customers who have purchased the MU-2 Marquise v2 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the MU-2 Marquise v2 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.0.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original MU-2 Marquise v2 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

See all the v2.0.1 changes by clicking here!

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Throttle levers are working partially, but animation is not present at all. A reinstall made no difference.

Pulling my Warthog levers all the way back, on top off the animation not working, does not unfeather the props like they used to.

I have to manipulate them with the mouse to be successful. 

Edited by haraldh

Unfortunately, with this update there was a bug related to "props are on the locks".

Well, right after starting the engines, propellers should remain in the configuration: Prop Locks - ie EGT Torque should be "0". Only returning the Throttle Lever to the REVERSE range releases the lock.
This is how it worked in version 2.0.0.
I was afraid of this behavior yesterday, which I wrote about here:
https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/24800-tbm-like-throttle/#comment-182459

So now it is worse than it was  ;-)
3.jpg.184d9f1d2342480564293b5baaa2ad15.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I think you need to read the manual. :)

Try axis 5 for your setup. ;)

Read the manual. Axis 5 is moving both levers like described.

Why did it work perfectly in version 2.0.0?

(This is the first aircraft in XP and DCS giving me trouble assigning lever controls)

Can I revert back to 2.0.0?

1 hour ago, haraldh said:

Why did it work perfectly in version 2.0.0?

Because there was a configuration designed for it to work with throttles 1,2 and 3.  BUT other, highly desired preferences were not accomodated for a lot of users.  In 2.01, I have accomodated this other functionality and in doing so, had to change the way the hardware is setup. HOWEVER.....with the new hardware assignments, The paradigms used in 2.0.0 can still be applied in 2.01 so the levers operate exactly the same as they did in 2.0.0

-TomK

• Like 2

Are you able to taxi? Cause with me the nose wheel doesnt steer anymore after the update.

Do you have any pedal hardware?   Are you expecting the nosewheel to steer with the yoke?

Edited by tkyler

FWIW, I've seen some issues with the nosewheel steering when changing hardware config settings and not restarting x-plane, especially with regards to the toe brakes.  In other words, I'd assign axes to toe brakes..test..then change back to another axis..and the nosewheel would not steer anymore, even though the "override_nose_steering" dataref was zero (which means X-Plane is supposed to control the nosewheel with yoke)...and restarting the sim fixed the issue.  Assuming folks don't normally change their axes after initial setting/saving of the profile, I didn't bother to figure out why this anomaly happened and chalked it up to some internal X-Plane weirdness with conflicting assignments "pedals vs. no pedals" in the same sim session.  The only common denominator I found was there was some axis set to be a "toe brake" at some point in my testing. Just a potential data point.

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Do you have any pedal hardware?   Are you expecting the nosewheel to steer with the yoke?

Finally got it working. Restarted PC and thus X plane as well. Had to assign a button to "lift Levers" else "throttle 4" was unassigned when choosing the "detend"-option in the prefs. Thanks for your quick response in this matter, much appreciated :-) I'm happy again.

Trying to do some VOR navigation. The nav1 is tuning in to the right frequencies but I hear no morse-code to identify the VOR.

Edited by haraldh

24 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Hi Tom,

Yes, I have pedal hardware. After a clean install it the nosewheel steering is working again. Thanx.

yea, this one had me saying some undesirable words at my screen too.    X-Plane still throws a curve ball every now and then.  When it comes to hardware, the "bindings" between x-plane and the hardware itself are most 'clean" at sim launch.  When testing...changing hardware settings "mid simulation" can cause weird issues in my experience, and only repeatable behavior with two successive starts of x-plane confirms repeatable behavior for my development purposes.

-TomK

8 hours ago, Rayne said:

Are you able to taxi? Cause with me the nose wheel doesnt steer anymore after the update.

This problem got me too.
Well, I give up.
When I finally decided to take to the air, it turned out that the nose wheel was not working.
Tried restarting the computer several times, changed the axis assignments, even deleted the profile from the Preference XP folder.I downloaded and installed the MU-2 again. 
The  yaw rudder (with my TRP) works without any problems. Also the animation of the pedals in the cockpit is OK. And the nose wheel is dead.
Nothing helps.
I use TPR hardware pedals: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder. (I also changed the TRP to the Gladiator joystick - no improvement.)
I don't know what the MU2 does wrong, but when I tried to go back to the default C172SP later, it also had blocked the nose wheel and brakes. I need to get out of XP and restart XP to be able to fly other planes.
I haven't seen something like that in my long history with XP ;-)

Edited by Bulva

9 hours ago, Bulva said:

This problem got me too.
Well, I give up.
When I finally decided to take to the air, it turned out that the nose wheel was not working.
Tried restarting the computer several times, changed the axis assignments, even deleted the profile from the Preference XP folder.I downloaded and installed the MU-2 again. 
The  yaw rudder (with my TRP) works without any problems. Also the animation of the pedals in the cockpit is OK. And the nose wheel is dead.
Nothing helps.
I use TPR hardware pedals: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder. (I also changed the TRP to the Gladiator joystick - no improvement.)
I don't know what the MU2 does wrong, but when I tried to go back to the default C172SP later, it also had blocked the nose wheel and brakes. I need to get out of XP and restart XP to be able to fly other planes.
I haven't seen something like that in my long history with XP ;-)

Hi Bulva,
I also have the TPR, it sometimes surprises me as the toe-brakes are gone, but never the yaw/nose wheel steering. 
In the case of a toe-brakes loss I unplug and re-plug the TPR and the toes are back.
For our MuMu I removed the aircraft folder (by hand) and reinstalled it, then the nose steering came back.

I've also seen the throttle challenge where a long press on the bravo Toga button makes the throttles jump out of sync.
Will try the 1 axes throttle (thr5) on my next flight and see how that works with double props axes.

2 hours ago, Rayne said:

I also have the TPR, it sometimes surprises me as the toe-brakes are gone, but never the yaw/nose wheel steering. 
In the case of a toe-brakes loss I unplug and re-plug the TPR and the toes are back.
For our MuMu I removed the aircraft folder (by hand) and reinstalled it, then the nose steering came back.

I have never had any problems with my TPR.
All other planes work perfectly with it.
Anyway, as I wrote, I changed the TPR to the Gladiator joystick (with a steering axle) and it also did not help. So it's not a hardware issue.
I also did a reinstallation of MU2. It didn't help me either.

EDIT:

I did a full MU2 installation again today (manually deleting the MU2 folder !!!) - and it helped - the wheels came back to life ;-)

One less problem. :)

Edited by Bulva
  • Like 1

Bulva.....I might be agreeing with you that its not a hardware problem....but neither am I admitting its an MU-2 problem just yet as I've seen this one myself.  The only code I have that disables nose-wheel steering is ONLY when the chocks are in place.  There is a dataref:  "override_wheel_steer"

image.png

that I set to 1 when  chocks are in place.  When chocks are removed, this goes back to zero and X-Plane is supposed to then control nose steer based on any hardware axis assignments that affect steering. I do no 'writing' to the steering at all, never have.   If no hardware assignments, then the nosewheel is supposed to be coupled to the yoke/yaw steering.  That's all their is to it (or supposed to be).  

I will do a bit more due diligence in my configuration testing to see if I can see some kind of repeatable pattern and if so, will then take that to Laminar.  It is my current theory based on observations to date that when making hardware assignment changes, X-Plane is not 'restoring' some type of control  at the time of axis reassignment and hence why a restart ends up fixing it for most folks eventually.  The difficult part is I have not found that theory to consistently bear out.  There seems to be some type of relationship of X-Plane's code between the steering and hardware toe-brakes axis assignments that may come into play, but I have yet to establish any hard relationship.

Of course once it works, its easy to forget until you end up playing with it again.  

All in all, looking for that silver lining....I'm glad that this one part has gotten going for you.

-TomK

Edited by tkyler

4 minutes ago, Bulva said:

I loved MU2 from the very first time ;-)
And I will be patiently waiting for further development ...

Same here... happy to help and looking forward to have this great aircraft working well... this is totally normal in new developments and the developer doing great both technically and communicating. This is how great things are done.

Congrats!

Changes actually come pretty quick...just a bit of goofy timing with this Oshkosh trip.  I'll easily be able to make very quick adjustments once back in the office and we can definitely get this thing tweaked.

-TomK

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

There is a dataref:  "override_wheel_steer"

image.png

that I set to 1 when  chocks are in place.  When chocks are removed, this goes back to zero ...

I checked it out. After Chocks are released, the parameter "override_wheel_steer" still remains at "1". So that's why the nosewheel remains dead.
For the time being, I did the trick with a simple lua script that sets "override_wheel_steer" to "0" when removing chocks.
;-)

Edited by Bulva

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic