3 questions about AC3D...

Maniac12

• 1 month later...

The questions are simply much too wide. You can't expect to have an answer in a forum thread.

Before you get into this kind of work, achieve several fully functionnal 100%-PM planes, with 2D custom cockpits. Then, see step by step tutorials for 3D creations and when you are reasonnably at ease with 3D and texturing, search youtube for DanKlaue step-by-step tutos.

The whole process is quite heavy - from scratch, it could take up to 6 or 9 months of solid work before you have your first decent 3D aircraft - provided you're dedicated enough. There's no magic button to have it done in a couple of weeks.

EDIT :

As for airfoils - forget that for the moment. The main tool is here http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/javafoil.htm but unless you're exactly knowing what to do and where to begin with, it will be of no help. Use default airfoils until your flight models are precise enough to mandatorily require custom af to be improved.

Edited by arno54
  • Upvote 1

Ok.

Dan Klaue is using Blender, otherwise I would have half of 3D cockpit done. Something's wrong with my computer or Blender or me... XP scripts don't work. I made a lot of planes with custom cockpit. But planes are custom too.

For 6-9 months:

I don't want to make the WHOLE plane, just a panel and floor. Maybe some chairs, but that can be done in plane maker. I just don't know how to apply moving panel texture on the 3D panel.

I hope someone could tell me how to do that. Dan Klaue said, if you make the cockpit.obj object in the plane's folder and make the panel.png for texture x-plane will automaticly make the texture moving. At my case, the cockpit.obj doesn't even appear on the plane.