Max Fuel Capacity

Hello Tom, great support as always; thanks in advance for that!

Me being a FS Economy fan I stumbled upon this:

I filled up the tanks on the web page (404 gal. max.) then when starting the flight in-sim the client told me 24 gal. were "spilled".  So only 380 gal. were able to fit into the fuel tanks.

Investigating into this, based on MU2's web documentation it says it's capable of carrying a max. of 403 gal. (2720 lb., 1215 kg.) of fuel. But checking in Plane Maker, the capacity says it can carry only 1169~ kg. (on XP Weight and Balance page matches that number of 1169 kg. or 2579 lb. in Imperial system).

So it looks like there was a unit conversion typo there in Plane Maker. 

I understand that 404 gal. (FS Economy) vs. 403 gal. (Official) difference (due to decimal conversion imprecision), but I think a 24~ gal. difference isn't negligible.

Cheers,

Jerry C.

FYI, here are the now implemented numbers for fuel capacities.  There is some "wiggle room" based on what density value you take for Jet-A/.A1 of course....averaging or whatnot, etc.  I've decided on the low end of 6.71  as its more conservative and probably a tad safer to be under with FSEcononmy than over IIRC.  It should be close enough for FSEconomy I should think.  Thanks again Jerry....so many numbers :P  (next update).

image.png

• Like 1

Thanks Tom, obviously the real capacity data takes precedence. Always a mess with all these different measure units.

I've just checked the fuel weight in FSE is 5.924~ lb/gal (there's no weight difference between avgas and JetA in the system). So you can use safely that 6.71 lb/gal. No "spillages" on FSE and also matches real world data so everyone's happy I think.

Cheers,

Jerry C.