Reality XP GTN 750/650 Integration

Tom,

I'd be interested in using the RXP GNSs - I think it's just a matter of providing a config file with some parameters and coordinates for the panel textures, but I haven't looked into it myself and I don't know if you would need to plumb into any different datarefs.

David

21 hours ago, ddunwoody said:

Tom,

I'd be interested in using the RXP GNSs - I think it's just a matter of providing a config file with some parameters and coordinates for the panel textures, but I haven't looked into it myself and I don't know if you would need to plumb into any different datarefs.

David

I was going to attempt this integration last night only to find the Panel Preview doesn't show the placeholders for the GNS devices. No way to confirm sizing and location to implement them. If the Developer could indicate the placeholders in the panel file it could be done.

You can make your own panel preview from within x-plane. There is a command to generate a screenshot of the panel texture of the loaded aircraft.....if you filter on 'screenshot' amongst the commands you'll come across it.  I can't recall what it is atm, something like 5-key combo though...I always change it.  Of course the GNS's need to powered.  The resultant file is in the Cockpit3D > -PANELS- folder.

-TK

2 hours ago, tkyler said:

You can make your own panel preview from within x-plane. There is a command to generate a screenshot of the panel texture of the loaded aircraft.....if you filter on 'screenshot' amongst the commands you'll come across it.  I can't recall what it is atm, something like 5-key combo though...I always change it.  Of course the GNS's need to powered.  The resultant file is in the Cockpit3D > -PANELS- folder.

-TK

Ctrl-alt-shift-space iirc, that generates the preview image in the cockpit3d-panels folder. 

1 hour ago, lrargerich said:

Ctrl-alt-shift-space iirc, that generates the preview image in the cockpit3d-panels folder. 

Yes, and this is the output file I was referring too. As you can see, it is pretty much all black and I don't think the two areas top-right are the instruments since they are the same dimension and vertical. Using the integration instructions, you need to know where the top left and bottom right corners exist in this preview to locate the X/Y positions of the gauge screen (for each unit 530/430). Without a visible representation, it would be a guessing game to determine where X1/Y1 positions even are. No biggie, though the RXP's are way beyond the XP capability for GNS units.

By the way for the Developer, glad you brought this bird into XP-11+, she has deserved this flight for some time..  :)

Panel_Preview.png

Maybe you didn't have the screens on when you captured the panels? If the GPSs are turned on and you press ctrl-alt-shift-space then the panels preview will have the screens and you can measure the position for the GTN rendering. Unfortunately the touch screen won't probably work unless you change the .obj file because it is now used to popout the GNS so even if you render the GTN in the 530 position when you click it will just pop out the GPS screen.

Tom has the GTN integration planned as a high priority so I would just wait for it.

22 minutes ago, lrargerich said:

Tom has the GTN integration planned as a high priority so I would just wait for it.

Though I am "out for Oshkosh Air Venture" for the next two weeks.  I am trying to squeeze the first update out rather quickly though...not including GTN of course.

Panel_Preview.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

Though I am "out for Oshkosh Air Venture" for the next two weeks.  I am trying to squeeze the first update out rather quickly though...not including GTN of course.

Panel_Preview.png

It would be awful nice to have the toe brakes issue fixed, before you head out.  I am really liking the MU-2.  Very nice work.  Outstanding even.

30 minutes ago, manguras said:

Hello

you integrated the GNS on virtual cockpit also?

Yes, just drop the "RealityXP.GNS.ini" file in the MU-2 root folder (overwrite original) and the RXP GNS units will take over the XP GNS unit in the virtual cockpit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pivot said:

Yes, just drop the "RealityXP.GNS.ini" file in the MU-2 root folder (overwrite original) and the RXP GNS units will take over the XP GNS unit in the virtual cockpit.

@Pivot Thanks for working on it.

I have problem with the buttons in VC. The GNS buttons on the VC don't interact with its functions...

Nothing happens when I push the buttons

4 hours ago, manguras said:

@Pivot Thanks for working on it.

I have problem with the buttons in VC. The GNS buttons on the VC don't interact with its functions...

Nothing happens when I push the buttons

Don't forget to go into the Plugins/RXPGNS/Settings and set "USE SIMULATOR COMMANDS". Also, be sure to do this for each unit (530 & 430).1681970760_Screenshot2022-07-24131844.png.5d39be65fbffd989fe73f329236d970d.png497633069_Screenshot2022-07-24131845.png.93a1fdc1a9f282c145cfa42ccd1b5bea.png

• 5 weeks later...

@Pivot

Thx for setting this up John.  I just got my windows 10 machine up and running and had no issues getting these two units up and running as you described.  (.ini + "use simulator GPS commands).   Can't say I'm proficient  using a dual GPS setup (I defer to you guys).....just let me know if anything else is needed for the GNS units.  I'll be starting the GTN variants shortly.

TK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3

On 8/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, tkyler said:

@Pivot

Thx for setting this up John.  I just got my windows 10 machine up and running and had no issues getting these two units up and running as you described.  (.ini + "use simulator GPS commands).   Can't say I'm proficient  using a dual GPS setup (I defer to you guys).....just let me know if anything else is needed for the GNS units.  I'll be starting the GTN variants shortly.

TK

Anytime TK glad to help. I see we both reside in the Great State of Texas.. B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pivot said:

the Great State of Texas

Aye....I grew up around Port Arthur....and worked in Clear Lake from 2015-2019...so quite familiar with your 'neck of the woods'   I can only assume you'll be at FlightSimExpo 2023 :)

FYI....looks like I'll be adding 3 more variants with various combos of GNS/GTNs......  a 650/530  combo....a 750/430 combo....and a 650/750 combo.   I think that should cover all the RXP options for Windows users.

TomK

Edited by tkyler

42 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Aye....I grew up around Port Arthur....and worked in Clear Lake from 2015-2019...so quite familiar with your 'neck of the woods'   I can only assume you'll be at FlightSimExpo 2023 :)

FYI....looks like I'll be adding 3 more variants with various combos of GNS/GTNs......  a 650/530  combo....a 750/430 combo....and a 650/750 combo.   I think that should cover all the RXP options for Windows users.

TomK

That's sounds very cool :)
Do you have a feel for a timescales for the changes yet ?

FYI.....because someone will always ask..."Can you please make it so that......"

The possible GPS permutations are too numerous and unwieldy with regards for asset management.  For example, if you have a GN530 / GTN650 combo...do you want the 530 to be Nav1 because its the bigger screen?.....or the 650 to be Nav 1 because its the fancier piece of equipment?  Do you want the 530 on top or on the bottom?   If I give folks these options, then things would get out of hand quickly. The possible permutations become:

430_650 combo, 650 on top, nav 1

430_650 combo, 650 on top, nav 2

430_650 combo, 430 on top, nav 1

430_650 combo, 430 on top, nav 2

530_430 combo (current)

530_650 combo, 530 on top, 530 nav 1

530_650 combo, 530 on top, 530 nav 2

530_650 combo, 650 on top, 650 nav 1

530_650 combo, 650 on top, 650 nav 2

750_430 combo, 750 on top, 750 nav 1

750_430 combo, 750 on top, 750 nav 2

750_430 combo, 430 on top, 430 nav 1

750_430 combo, 430 on top, 430 nav 2p

650_750 combo, 750 on top, 750 nav 1

650_750 combo, 750 on top, 750 nav 2

650_750 combo, 650 on top, 650 nav 1

650_750 combo, 650 on top, 650 nav 2

of course some of these combos aren't logical or standard....but you still see the problem?   This would be horrendous to handle in Blender and very very high risk of screwing up the exports.  So here's what I'll be offering initially... Nav/GPS 1 is always the "bigger screen" and always on top...resulting in the following combos:

530_430 combo, 530 Nav 1, 530 on top (current GNS implementation)

530_650 combo, 530 Nav 1, 530 on top

750_430 combo, 750 Nav 1, 750 on top

750_650 combo, 750 Nav 1, 750 on top.

We'll start there and see what crops up...and if I have to make adjustments based on a majority of users preference, then so be it.

-TK

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tkyler said:

TomK

Done some good fishing in Lake Sabine, I live in Baytown. As for the FSExpo, I doubt it I just read about those.. ;) 

As for the Combos, I wasn't aware that could even be done since they are two separate programs. If it works, that would be very cool. Good Luck guy..