Pressurization issues

Hello,

No matter what mode I have the bleed source selector set to, the cabin rate of climb indicates over 2000fpm. It appears to be stuck like this from initial load to shutdown, throughout all phases of flight.

Another minor thing I found by accident.. if the landing lights are extended and on, they will stay on even when the battery master key is off.

Thanks for a great product! I'm already enjoying the crap out of it.

unknown.png

There is no cabin rate of climb indication.  The gauge on the left is "the altitude you want the cabin to be at"....so it won't change (sort off...more below).  you set this 'desired cabin altitude to hold' with the cabin alt knob.  The gauge on the right shows the actual cabin altitude...it should climb as you climb (well...depending on where you set the cabin alt)  In your screenshot the cabin alt should climb to approx 3000', where you have the cabin altitude set..that's where your pressurization will begin and the DIFF PRESS PSI needle will begin to move.  The tiny window on the bottom of the gauge at left tells you "We can hold 3000' cabin altitude until 19000' and after that, we'll be at max pressure differential and if you continue to climb over 19,000', then the cabin altitude will too...because we can't pressurize anymore...or we'll blow up the airplane like a popped balloon!  How FAST the cabin altitude climbs is determined by the RATE knob on the unit on the left.  full left is approx 50' minute, so with that low setting the cabin altitude will generally climb more slowly than your real climb (unless you're climbing at 50' minute)...and full right is ~ 2000 fpm or the rate your climbing if below that of course.  

4 minutes ago, jetpipeoverheat said:

Another minor thing I found by accident.. if the landing lights are extended and on, they will stay on even when the battery master key is off.

Several folks have caught this...Its on my list!

4 minutes ago, jetpipeoverheat said:

Thanks for a great product! I'm already enjoying the crap out of it.

Excellent!  I'll keep at it!

-TomK

There is no cabin rate of climb indication.

Am I going crazy or is the far right gauge in my screenshot above the hobbs not the cabin rate of climb? I should be able to adjust the rate knob and see the resultant rate of climb on the gauge. This exists in every pressurized aircraft I have ever flown, both jet and turboprop.

6 minutes ago, jetpipeoverheat said:

Am I going crazy or is the far right gauge in my screenshot above the hobbs not the cabin rate of climb? I should be able to adjust the rate knob and see the resultant rate of climb on the gauge. This exists in every pressurized aircraft I have ever flown, both jet and turboprop.

apparently I am the one going crazy.  My sincerest apologies.....NO clue what I was thinking (or not...probably about pizza).   So noted and on my list to look at.  Again, really sorry.

-Tom

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tkyler said:

apparently I am the one going crazy.  My sincerest apologies.....NO clue what I was thinking (or not...probably about pizza).   So noted and on my list to look at.  Again, really sorry.

-Tom

Tom,

Not a problem at all!! I'd be willing to bet you're operating on less than optimum sleep (and that might be a gross understatement) post release. I know you probably have a million things getting thrown at you all at once and I'm very impressed with how attentive you've been with everything!

Definitely hit up some pizza and cerveza's this evening, you've earned it!

Thanks once again!

• Like 1