Radar Altimeter not working

For some reason I am not getting a readout on the radar altimeter.  I have tried starting a flight with engines running but the radar altimeter screen is black, no readout.  I tried starting cold and dark.  Put the key in and turned it on and no radar altimeter readout.  Is there a switch somewhere to turn on the radar altimeter (I haven't found one)?

which variant?   The radar alt is triggered by a  wow (weight on wheels) switch.  It will be blank until takeoff. You did mention that you tried it in the air though.  its default XP so I wouldn't expect there to be an issues unless I missed a setting in the varient you're flying.  I'll check them all just the same.  its working on my end.

image.png

It happens in all variants but I will try taking off and see if it comes on.  It wasn't showing when in the air before.  However, I am questioning your comment that it has a weight on wheels function as in one of the videos I watched the readout was zero on the radar altimeter as soon as power was applied to the aircraft.

Edited by jfwharton

Note that it won't show over 2500' either. Reflected radar signals generally get too weak at that altitude and so the display blanks out.  So on the ground and over 2500' blank....in between should show.

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

Well it's working now and came on when I got airborne.  So thank you for your assistance.  It wasn't working before but seems to be after reinstalling.  Also I had gone into xOrganizer and disabled all of my plugins and then enabled them again.  Perhaps that did something.  Who knows, but it is working now.  Thanks.