First Flight Feedback

Two things I've noticed right off the bat,

1. Toe brakes using default toe brake controls with saitek pedals don't really seem to hold at all. They will grab but not hold after the plane stops.

2. Default flaps axis assignment on a saitek throttle quadrant doesn't move the flaps. Any note on this?

Fantastic airplane so far, only played with it for about an hour now but it sounds and flys (and looks!) amazing! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, swapilot48 said:

Looks like the tow brakes has been addressed. Any word on the flaps axis?

Not yet.....when you say "flap axis"....are you assigning flaps to a constant "linear axis"...rather than a discrete command?  The Moo flaps don't stop "mid travel" and use "limit switches" at the primary stops so in effect, each flap position is "flaps down a notch" in the truest sense and using an axis is a bit of a difficult paradigm as it doesn't match the actual behavior.

Edited by tkyler

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

Not yet.....when you say "flap axis"....are you assigning flaps to a constant "linear axis"...rather than a discrete command?  The Moo flaps don't stop "mid travel" and use "limit switches" at the primary stops so in effect, each flap position is "flaps down a notch" in the truest sense and using an axis is a bit of a difficult paradigm as it doesn't match the actual behavior.

I have an axis on my saitek quadrant assigned to flaps. I get the hard detents, I just prefer to use an axis rather than buttons to control flaps. Be interesting to see if this can be resolved.

13 minutes ago, swapilot48 said:

I just prefer to use an axis rather than buttons to control flaps.

would that preference include being able to set the flaps in any position between the limits of your axis?  Because that I probably would not do because of the flap pulsing between 5-20 degrees.  If however, you're looking for "tolerance zones" in your axis travel that can be mapped to the 4 discrete positions...and that you feel you could "hit by feel" since you don't have detents...that may be doable.

Edited by tkyler

2 hours ago, swapilot48 said:

Looks like the tow brakes has been addressed. Any word on the flaps axis?

Can someone tell us how it's been addressed? I tried but I can't find any solution.

Sorry, found the info I was looking for, looking forward to the update.

Edited by Daytona125
I'm an idiot

On 7/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, tkyler said:

would that preference include being able to set the flaps in any position between the limits of your axis?  Because that I probably would not do because of the flap pulsing between 5-20 degrees.  If however, you're looking for "tolerance zones" in your axis travel that can be mapped to the 4 discrete positions...and that you feel you could "hit by feel" since you don't have detents...that may be doable.

Sorry for the late response. I hate to compare developers because it doesn’t really do anything but I will for this. The Aerobask Phenom has it so you can set a flaps axis but it will just click between the flap settings. Not sure what the developer lingo for that would be but I guess it sets dead zones or something until the axis hits a certain value then sets the flaps to that detent. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, swapilot48 said:

I hate to compare developers

No worries...if developers gracefully accept that we're all probably equally capable and creative, but only differ in what we get around to implementing for all sorts of diverse reasons.....time, market, resources, our own limited experiences....who knows... and not some kind of measure of who's smarter, then we all win.    

Your 'snapping' flap controls with FLAP axis are in place for the next update :)   

-TomK

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

I am glad to see the toe brakes issue is already documented. That would be my #1 issue. 
#2 With much tweaking and experimenting I have managed to create an acceptable mimic of the throttles with a Honeycomb Bravo….It would be nice if the sim were coded to work with this controller more natively.

#3 VR manipulation of the temp position for the RCS switches needs some work. They only move from R to C and back.

after the initial finickiness, the airplane is proving to be a solid performer in VR

This issue applies to the CH Products rudder pedals also (this was probably a useless piece of information; I think resolving it would apply to all brands). Looking forward to the update. Hope it's coming soon.

One thing I'd like to add to this 1st flight feedback thread:

When I open the MU2 preferences panel on my 4K monitor the top of the panel is above the display fold (or off screen). I have to pull it down to see the entire panel.  This is a small thing that I can live with if need be, but if it's low-hanging fruit I hope it'll make it into an update.

Edited by VirtualGAaviator