Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 2.0 Release Announcement!

3 hours ago, Tail Dragger said:

The MU was one of my favorites for a long time and I always enjoyed flying it. I was also very much looking forward to the new V2. But without Linux support, I'm out, unfortunately. Have fun guys (and girls).

Thanks for chiming in. The Linux market share for Xplane is very small. Even so it's still useful to know that some % of that small over-all % would be willing to purchase if product was available. 

Out of curiosity, what flavour of Linux are you using? 

-if-gizmo(and thus the mu2..) was made Linux compatible some time during the Xp12 run it would be for a very specific distro of Linux. Anything else would be 100% at the risk of the end users and no support would be offered. The potential issues are simply to varied and time consuming relative to the number of sales made. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Out of curiosity, what flavour of Linux are you using? 

I am using mostly Manjaro and sometimes Ubuntu.

I experimented with maybe 20 Linux distributions, desktop variants and XP11 (to find the one with the best performance for me). XP11 ran on 18 of these distros and if I were a bit more experienced I would certainly have got it to work on the other 2. So the differences between the distributions are probably not that big.

Secretly, I hope that Microsoft's outrageous hardware requirements for Win11 will bring a few people to Linux and make our market share bigger and more interesting.

I found that I can cover (nearly) all Linux users by providing one build for the Ubuntu and one for the Arch Linux distribution family. Unfortunately I haven't found a way yet to create a build catering to both, Ubuntu and Arch based distributions (experience gathered with the FSEconomy client). With the M1 architecture, Mac also adds an additional required build, bringing the total up to 5 builds (Win, Intel Mac, M1 Mac, Ubuntu, Arch).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daemotron said:

I found that I can cover (nearly) all Linux users by providing one build for the Ubuntu and one for the Arch Linux distribution family. Unfortunately I haven't found a way yet to create a build catering to both, Ubuntu and Arch based distributions (experience gathered with the FSEconomy client). With the M1 architecture, Mac also adds an additional required build, bringing the total up to 5 builds (Win, Intel Mac, M1 Mac, Ubuntu, Arch).

There are a few bugs and missing features on Linux that I'd need to work through. 

The build process is the least painful part of it. 

Once it's sorted out it's just a bunch of scripts to run. 

It's the support for random Linux flavours that is the killer issue. 

We end up with weird dynamic library dependency issues... There's a few torquesim threads from the last year where these things have popped up. 

No timeline. No promises. Definitely a chance that win11 might bring more people to that segment, I'm still on win10.. 

• Like 1