Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 2.0 Release Announcement!

Cameron

3 hours ago, Tail Dragger said:

The MU was one of my favorites for a long time and I always enjoyed flying it. I was also very much looking forward to the new V2. But without Linux support, I'm out, unfortunately. Have fun guys (and girls).

Thanks for chiming in. The Linux market share for Xplane is very small. Even so it's still useful to know that some % of that small over-all % would be willing to purchase if product was available. 

Out of curiosity, what flavour of Linux are you using? 

-if-gizmo(and thus the mu2..) was made Linux compatible some time during the Xp12 run it would be for a very specific distro of Linux. Anything else would be 100% at the risk of the end users and no support would be offered. The potential issues are simply to varied and time consuming relative to the number of sales made. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Out of curiosity, what flavour of Linux are you using? 

I am using mostly Manjaro and sometimes Ubuntu.

I experimented with maybe 20 Linux distributions, desktop variants and XP11 (to find the one with the best performance for me). XP11 ran on 18 of these distros and if I were a bit more experienced I would certainly have got it to work on the other 2. So the differences between the distributions are probably not that big.

Secretly, I hope that Microsoft's outrageous hardware requirements for Win11 will bring a few people to Linux and make our market share bigger and more interesting.

I found that I can cover (nearly) all Linux users by providing one build for the Ubuntu and one for the Arch Linux distribution family. Unfortunately I haven't found a way yet to create a build catering to both, Ubuntu and Arch based distributions (experience gathered with the FSEconomy client). With the M1 architecture, Mac also adds an additional required build, bringing the total up to 5 builds (Win, Intel Mac, M1 Mac, Ubuntu, Arch).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daemotron said:

I found that I can cover (nearly) all Linux users by providing one build for the Ubuntu and one for the Arch Linux distribution family. Unfortunately I haven't found a way yet to create a build catering to both, Ubuntu and Arch based distributions (experience gathered with the FSEconomy client). With the M1 architecture, Mac also adds an additional required build, bringing the total up to 5 builds (Win, Intel Mac, M1 Mac, Ubuntu, Arch).

There are a few bugs and missing features on Linux that I'd need to work through. 

The build process is the least painful part of it. 

Once it's sorted out it's just a bunch of scripts to run. 

It's the support for random Linux flavours that is the killer issue. 

We end up with weird dynamic library dependency issues... There's a few torquesim threads from the last year where these things have popped up. 

No timeline. No promises. Definitely a chance that win11 might bring more people to that segment, I'm still on win10.. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Xohlon said:

Nice plane, but no G500 integration and no Avitab in the special frame :(

Terrible service from support dep. Several times tried to get answers, but NO response at all :(

Advice: do NOT order software from this company !!

Totally garbage of you to post this. You sent in a ticket this morning and even received a reply within two hours.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 12.31.39 PM.png

Ticket satisfaction report for the last 7 days even:

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 12.25.52 PM.png

Don't come in here posting trash like this. You won't last long.

• Like 2

Dear Cameron, I think there is a misunderstanding here. I have asked X-Aviation for help several times through chat and email.
No response received.
And that's the source of frustration and my advice to be critical of X-Aviation software.
After your advice to install G500 before X-Plane is running, it turns out that the two screens are black.
Only two popup screens are visible.
The Avitab is also not visible in the cockpit, only the frame in which the Avitab would be mounted.
Not so good if you accuse a user of posting "garbage" and not first researched what's really going on...

24 minutes ago, Xohlon said:

No response received.

I don't know what to tell you. Every one of your support tickets in time have received a reply. I'm not going post all 19 of them since 2018 to make a point of that. I suggest you check your spam filter, because clearly the problem is not on our end.

26 minutes ago, Xohlon said:

After your advice to install G500 before X-Plane is running, it turns out that the two screens are black.

You will need to post a log file.

26 minutes ago, Xohlon said:

Not so good if you accuse a user of posting "garbage" and not first researched what's really going on...

I'm not the one that accused. You did. Clearly I researched when I made my post and showed a message and reply.

5 hours ago, Xohlon said:

No response about the MU2 in my Spam filter...

Again, that's a problem on your end. For you to come in here and start this discussion how you did was wrong. You could have just as easily stated you were concerned you didn't have any replies rather than suggesting we ignore people. We don't. I have proof of that as shown above.

Another problem is the missing G5 instrument in the C172. A popup advised to install the latest version, but both screens stay black...

You will need to post a log of the C172 G5.

See Log.txt after restart of the MU2

This log shows you have clearly installed the G500 wrong. You placed the plugin in the X-Plane plugins folder:

C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/rsg_g500/win_x64/rsg_g500.xpl

See the following install guide: https://help.realsimgear.com/en/articles/5779377-g5-g500-installation-into-other-aircraft

You will need to delete: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/rsg_g500

• Like 1

Thanks for your support, I'll look into it further. We'd better bury the hatchet.

My complaint was based on no response from the popup "Welcome to X-Aviation Support!" on the X-Aviation website. With that I could ask for help to solve my problem. X-Aviation did not respond to this, even after several attempts. That frustrated me...

Another possibility is the forum, which is excellently managed by you, Cameron. I had forgotten that at first, so my apologies for expecting support from the website first and then from you. Thanks again for your patience.

Another problem is that only the Avitab frame appears and not the screen. Do you have a solution for that?

8 hours ago, Xohlon said:

Another problem is that only the Avitab frame appears and not the screen. Do you have a solution for that?

By frame...do you mean the "Frame of the ipad?  or the "frame" that holds the avitab...i.e. the mounting bracket?  Some people have referred to the mounting bracket as the 'frame'...but for my purposes...distinctly different...so I want to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

-TK

So it looks like everything is OK then/

The frame/mounting bracket sits on the window and you click on the ipad/avitab in the side pocket to move it to/from the bracket.  If you don't want to see the bracket, there is a preference to hide it.  I do not see any problem with the screenshots you show...they are consistent with intended behavior

-TomK

6 hours ago, Xohlon said:

How to open the Avitab screen? It stays black and I cannot find a clue in the manual...

you mean how to "turn on" the avitab screen?   "Open the screen" I don't understand.

The "ipad".. has a power button on the top right of the bezel when its in the mounting bracket...its small, just like the real thing..but its there.  Press it to turn it on / off.

-tk

Edited by tkyler