Take Command: SR22 Entegra v1.2.0 Update Released!

Cameron

This will serve as an official announcement that we have released the version 1.2.0 update for the SR22 Entegra Series. All customers who have purchased the SR22 Entegra Series up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the SR22 Entegra Series from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.2.0 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SR22 Entegra Series download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

A Note: With this version, Linux support has been removed from the aircraft.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

New Features:

• Improved maintenance system with expanded procedures and more detailed readouts to distinguish between states and mechanic actions.
  • Physics model improvements, including addressing the starting behaviors by addressing issues in the fuel priming logic.
  • [T-1675] 3D overhaul for windows and ice visualization system (IVS), which looks much better and should increase sim performance!

Bug Fixes & Improvements:

• Fixed TKS filter clogs causing too high of pressure rise in TKS system
  • Fixed bugs in fuel refilling
  • Fixed physics state files not showing on Mac
  • [T-1391] Rudder Pedal animation bug
  • [T-1661] Cirrus magnetic compass missing current direction needle
  • [T-1677] FMOD improvements and fixes
  • [T-1674] New windows and seals
  • [T-1675] IVS System updates Window icing
  • [T-1670] Addressed ice lights
  • [T-1676] Missing inspection panel screws - wing root
  • [T-1673] Mesh clean up (350k triangles removed)
  • [T-1655] Improve stutters by moving asynchronous tasks to separate thread from the main sim.
  • [T-1647] Failures and Maintenance Rework
  • [T-1658] Make UI inspection output scrollable/smaller
  • [T-1662] Add option to disable ELT
  • [T-1663] Custom flaps dataref for FMOD

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 1

Hi Cameron and thanks for the updates

The SR20 Entegra 1.2.0 update installed with no issues but I get the following error with the SR22 Entegra 1.2.0 installer. I've tried re-booting and re-downloading the installer and disabling antivirus but with no success. Is there anything else I can try at my end or is there a possible issue with the windows installer? The installer manages to create the Aircraft/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22 Entegra folders but not any further subdirectories.

Regards

image.png.549c496a61858f183805451b09438b6f.png

13 minutes ago, jonhmama said:

Hey, whats the deal with Linux support? Is it temporary or support has ceased permanently?
I do not own the aircraft but was interested in getting it in the future...

It is a permanent drop. Unfortunately the Linux market just isn't there to be sustainable from even a support perspective. Sorry about that!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

It is a permanent drop. Unfortunately the Linux market just isn't there to be sustainable from even a support perspective. Sorry about that!

Well, that's unfortunate. Will the islander/new products (I think you had a Mooney coming up, right?) also have Linux support dropped?

While I don't like the news, I thank you for the speedy answer. Cheers!

6 minutes ago, jonhmama said:

Well, that's unfortunate. Will the islander/new products (I think you had a Mooney coming up, right?) also have Linux support dropped?

While I don't like the news, I thank you for the speedy answer. Cheers!

I can't say for sure what the future holds on the Islander.

In terms of future products, I would not bank on Linux support happening. The issue tends to be a typical cycle of low customer volume and always too many flavors of Linux to choose from. It causes unnecessary support time spent troubleshooting issues, and if the developer is not a Linux user day in and day out, the business case to support it can be a very tough sell.

Of course, there's developers we have that use Linux daily (like Hot Start), and so Linux will remain there. It's just not realistic to assume a non-Linux dev will continue to pour support time into something that yields far lower return for investment of time spent than the two other platforms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

I can't say for sure what the future holds on the Islander.

In terms of future products, I would not bank on Linux support happening. The issue tends to be a typical cycle of low customer volume and always too many flavors of Linux to choose from. It tends to cause unnecessary support time spent troubleshooting issues, and if the developer is not a Linux user day in and day out, the business case to support it can be a very tough sell.

Of course, there's developers we have that use Linux daily (like Hot Start), and so Linux will remain there. It's just not realistic to assume a non-Linux dev will continue to pour support time into something that yields far lower return for investment of time than the two other platforms.

I see. That's understandable. Thanks once again!

18 hours ago, Cameron said:

Man, this is sad. But ... yes, understandable. SR22 is the only thing which did not work on Linux for me and why I continue to have Windows on my PC.

• Like 1

I’ve been unable to get these aircraft to work. X-plane crashes as soon as I try to load. I checked for the multi thread setting but there’s no config file in the aircraft folders where the instructions point to. Anyone have any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Flypie said:

I’ve been unable to get these aircraft to work. X-plane crashes as soon as I try to load. I checked for the multi thread setting but there’s no config file in the aircraft folders where the instructions point to. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've responded to your support ticket regarding this, if you can send over the log.txt file there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Cameron locked and unpinned this topic