Collins Proline Joystick Functionality

Cam

13 hours ago, Cam said:

HI guys,

I am aware that the Collins Proline joystick can be used for manipulating the Charts, but does anyone know of uses for the vectors it can draw on the MFD - see screen shot?

Thanks

Screenshot (33).jpg

They’re basically used for creating Place-Bearing-Distance waypoints in your flight plan. Or for getting the GPS coordinate of a location (press down one of the knobs if I remember correctly) to create a custom data base waypoint in the FMS.

Edited by Pils

8 hours ago, Pils said:

They’re basically used for then creating Place-Bearing-Distance waypoints in your flight plan. Or for getting the GPS coordinate of a location (press down one of the knobs if I remember correctly) to create a custom data base waypoint in the FMS.

Thanks mate. I’ll give it a go. 

16 hours ago, Pils said:

They’re basically used for creating Place-Bearing-Distance waypoints in your flight plan. Or for getting the GPS coordinate of a location (press down one of the knobs if I remember correctly) to create a custom data base waypoint in the FMS.

Your spot-on. If you draw the vector with the joystick and then go to the Pilot Waypoint Database you can enter the Co-ords, give it a name and then use it as any other waypoint.

Thanks again :)

• Like 1