FMS & Aircraft Date/Time values

KirkR

Trying to determine how the date/time in the FMC is determined/obtained/updated.  I know how to update the values on the timer in the aircraft, but not clear on how to update this in the FMC.  I know it can be updated on actual aircraft in the Proline, but it gives a message that updates are N/A (not allowed?) when I try something like 29JUN22.

Thanks for any guidance.

36 minutes ago, KirkR said:

Trying to determine how the date/time in the FMC is determined/obtained/updated.  I know how to update the values on the timer in the aircraft, but not clear on how to update this in the FMC.  I know it can be updated on actual aircraft in the Proline, but it gives a message that updates are N/A (not allowed?) when I try something like 29JUN22.

Thanks for any guidance.

It matches the date and time from the sim, in the current year from the system clock, as obtained via the simulated GNSS receivers (I assume).

Edited by Pils

6 minutes ago, KirkR said:

So X-Plane doesn't use the MacOS date/time (which is accurate)?  Hmmm, I will investigate further.  Thanks for providing that feedback.

It will, if you select “Track real-world date & time” from the Flight Configuration window.

My apology for the bandwidth on this one.  I just never noticed that checkbox with the time of day/night for the flight dialog.

Again, I appreciate your help ... I think I've done 50+ flights, last night was LGA to DTW, then MBS to ORD.  Learning something new with every flight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...