A/SKID INBD & OUTBD warning on approach

KirkR

Ok, so I have performed a bunch of flights, approaches, going through the checklists, ensuring that A/SKID is properly tested.  This issue has persisted with a yellow alert message appearing on CAS as shown in the image posted above.

The test and arming of A/SKID occurs during the FO's automated actions during the pre-landing checklist.  As well, I also then manually test A/SKID as an additional redundant action, holding down the test button until the test completes.  Nonetheless, this message comes up as an alert as I am proceeding through the approach to landing.

I would be happy to capture a video, but what specific scope of the flight needs to be included?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?  Further guidance to help me figure this one out?

Thanks much.

Edited by KirkR

2 hours ago, KirkR said:

Ok, so I have performed a bunch of flights, approaches, going through the checklists, ensuring that A/SKID is properly tested.  This issue has persisted with a yellow alert message appearing on CAS as shown in the image posted above.

The test and arming of A/SKID occurs during the FO's automated actions during the pre-landing checklist.  As well, I also then manually test A/SKID as an additional redundant action, holding down the test button until the test completes.  Nonetheless, this message comes up as an alert as I am proceeding through the approach to landing.

I would be happy to capture a video, but what specific scope of the flight needs to be included?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?  Further guidance to help me figure this one out?

Thanks much.

Maybe it's time to create a new airframe! ;)

It appears that a complete reinstall of XP11, then the CL650 and various gear that I have, and then of course recreating the airframe states I had been using (painful few hours of re-do) cleared this issue up.  Removing and reinstalling the CL650 did not solve it.  XP11 had been crashing regularly upon quitting the program, so there was something going on.  That too looks to be resolved.

It seems that one of (or both of) a couple of things may have been the root cause:

1)  Timing of initiating pre-landing checklist (from which the FO tests A/SKID and ensures ARMED).  Initiate "just after" lowering gear, let's say @ 10nm from RW on APCH).

2)  I may have been pushing the toe brakes unknowingly on my rudders during final approach ... could that cause an alert of this nature?

After watching the final approach component of the "marathon flight" from January, I have fine tuned my process.  Flaps 20 transitioning from 200 kt to 180 kt; flaps 30 @ 180 kt transitioning to 160 kt on final, drop gear and then initiate before-landing checklist as intercepting GS or around outer marker.  This process resulted in no A/SKID warning on final approach.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1