v1.6.1 ATS Disappeared

sse

Greetings - 

I installed the new version last night as soon as it came out, and while there were one or two hiccups, it went in ok.  After rebooting I took a short flight (KTPA-KEYW) and for some reason the ATS was not working at all, and I could not reset it (disengage/reset with the TOGA switch) either.  I blew out all my previous saves, and created a new airframe on the new version just to avoid issues...and did it again today - from scratch - and got the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this - or have any advice?  

Other things I've noticed:

• On cold start up with new airframe, the Emergency Lights were engaged already.
  • Nose gear door is open on cold start - you can close it and go fly.  When you land, it's open already and when you go to close it again, it won't shut.
  • Also at that point after the flight (with the plane fully shut down) the AP-disengage alarm is going off, over and over and over and over....with no power.

I'll try and replicate this tomorrow and post a log...

Thanks!

//sse

Edited by sse

I'm having no issues with ATS, although there were a few critical learnings that are mostly documented in the forum fyi:

• Combinations of Cowl anti-icing and other things, at higher outside air temps will cause ATS to shut down as there are no N1 target values in that lower right area of the cross reference table that ATS uses for max N1.
  • Testing thrust reversers (checklist) does not cause ATS Fail with 1.6.1.
  • Learning speeds for approaches such as not to go below a speed at which ATS will shut down (as designed)
  • Ensuring that the takeoff N1 is showing on the PERF page ... the other N1 values will fill as a result of first officer actions w/ after takeoff checklist.

Also, it has been documented about having to remove the flight director in order to reset ATS on.

Sorry not more help, these have been the ATS keys for me.

Kirk

Edited by KirkR

On 6/24/2022 at 1:17 AM, sse said:

After rebooting I took a short flight (KTPA-KEYW) and for some reason the ATS was not working at all, and I could not reset it (disengage/reset with the TOGA switch) either.  I blew out all my previous saves, and created a new airframe on the new version just to avoid issues...and did it again today - from scratch - and got the same result.

Pressing TO/GA (buttons on side of thrust levers) is applicable when ATS is not active on the ground. What you are actually doing is waking up the flight directors and giving them lateral and vertical modes (TO/TO). The arming of ATS to N1 TO (or FLX or MTO, if selected) is more of a convenience.

So yes, on the ground, if you want to “reset ATS” deselecting the FDs and pressing TO/GA is a way to do it by virtue of resetting the automation entirely.

Other times, say ATS is in FAIL, the way to “reset” it is to press the AT disconnect buttons (front side of thrust levers). Or if the ATS is off in flight, select a valid N1 thrust limit on the CDU and press the ATS button.

On the topic of missing N1 limits, suggest this thread:

• Like 2

On cold start up with new airframe, the Emergency Lights were engaged already.

By “engaged” you mean armed or on?

Nose gear door is open on cold start - you can close it and go fly.  When you land, it's open already and when you go to close it again, it won't shut.

Have you removed the nose gear door safety pin and have hydraulic pressure?

Also at that point after the flight (with the plane fully shut down) the AP-disengage alarm is going off, over and over and over and over....with no power.

Are you sure this isn’t from another addon or script? A log would help, as you suggested.

Thanks.

Thanks you guys - I found out about the thrust limit requirement last night, as well as the issue with the nose wheel...  I put it to use in another test flight which went off without issue, so I was in the wrong...  =)

Thanks very much for your responses, however - very much appreciated!

//sse

• Like 1