Let L-410 UVP-E4 Turbolet

ksgy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update 17/05/2015

This week had a chance to work on the manipulators and animations. Most of the instruments are ready, manipulators are there. Of course there is no fun without blender exporter bugs, so lots and lots of hours eaten up by fixing and figuring out WTF is going on :) So, the progress is there and it's still slow. But it's there :)

• Upvote 4

cineYMC.jpg

Update 25/05/2015

Took me 3 days to figure out how the best to make and attach animations to objects. Far the most complicated instrument I've ever made.. But seems like it's done and it's working as expected. Some cosmetics needed here and there, but nothing major. Sometime I wished I never ever started this project :D But it's getting closer, getting into shape and really like the outcome :)

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Update 07/06/2015

Had a very busy week, so it was a relief to work on the L-410 again. The other day I bought my first L-410 UVP-E on FSEconomy and I decided to bring it "home". Which means LHBP. The plane location was SVBC :)

(Check out the initial flight plan)

Yes, it's going to be a long-long journey...so I decided to make the development more fun:

I bought the plane as a dirty, lonely, eviscerated plane with only some of the mandatory instruments working. When I saw her I almost cried. But it's mine! :) I don't wan't to even know what they did in this cockpit...

ytoB71B.jpg

pJJwEmM.jpg

First, I'm gonna fly to a smaller airport - this one has really-really high prices checking the engines, washing, etc. So, in the next few days I'll fly around the Caribbean islands and will see if I find a small airport with feasible prices to clean this beauty and install a proper Garmin 430 - which is only a sticker left by the previous owner.

Not sure about the flying tough, the engines running only around 70% of the full power, not feeling really safe. Also, the ITT instrument sometimes just stuck at around 900°C giving me no clue what is the real ITT value... But let's hope the best.

To be continued from Florida...

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Update 02/07/2015

Getting closer and closer :)

Managed to add overhead panel switches which drives the basic systems which doesn't need any plugin-driven system. 

Watched takeoffs and landings for over 3 hours... :) fine tuned the flight and engine model, now it's really close to the real plane behaviour. 

All the handles are working on the middle console which doesn't need any plugin-driven system.

Also, fine-tuned engine startup sequence.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can finish all the manipulators in the cockpit and move back to the remaining texturing - like the side panels and the annunciator panel.

• Upvote 1

Nice!

I just read this whole topic from the beginning. Very interesting to see such a development from some basic blender screenshots to now.

How is your FSEconomy journey going? I tried to search for your plane just out of curiosity, but couldnt find it! Did it cashed?!  :unsure:

Greetings

Nice!

I just read this whole topic from the beginning. Very interesting to see such a development from some basic blender screenshots to now.

How is your FSEconomy journey going? I tried to search for your plane just out of curiosity, but couldnt find it! Did it cashed?!  :unsure:

Greetings

Currently the plane is at KMIA, waiting for an engineer to look at the engine: the ITT was way too high on the last trip :) Hope everything is ok, since I don't have the money to replace the engines. In worst case I'll fly as my mum taught: "Be safe, just fly low and slow..." :D

"Be safe, just fly low and slow..."

Haha good one! So you fly your Let like its designed to be flown  :D

I actually just crossed the Atlantic with a Dornier 328 in FSE. It was a very interesting experience! Now there is at least one 328 in Europe. I think i will fly some more over the pond.  :)

When you attempt to cross the ocean, maybe take an engineer with you, just to be sure  :P

Greetings

Update 05/07/2015

Finally bought the annunciator panel! Took a while to connect all those lamps but worth the effort: now I have feedback of the systems what's working and what's not.

Now I have the confidence to cross the ocean :)

ajA2kXQ.jpg

• Upvote 6

• ksgy changed the title to Let L-410 UVP-E4 Turbolet