Performance for MacOS users

fjuniorx

Hello, I use a MacBook Pro M1 with 16gb Mram... I know it is not the ideal for simulation... but it is what I have at the moment.
I would like to know if it is normal to get only 20fps in the aircraft, no matter if I use the version of CL650 optimized for more modest PC or the normal version, I still have the same 20fps and I see that my machine is not using all the potential.

Captura de Tela 2022-05-29 às 21.50.21.png

Edited by fjuniorx

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

I would say that's about expected with your version of the M1.

I think it is not that, I use the TBM and get +-40fps, with the zibo I get +-35fps, I can not say the exact amount of fps because I am not at home at the moment, but they use a good part of the computer resources. In the case of the CL650 it is not using the resources, if I increase the quality of the textures to HIGH, the fps with the CL650 drops from 20 to +-17fps and the x-plane starts using a larger amount of Vram.

Thanks for answering, but I hope you are wrong hahahaha

Edited by fjuniorx

2 hours ago, fjuniorx said:

I think it is not that, I use the TBM and get +-40fps, with the zibo I get +-35fps, I can not say the exact amount of fps because I am not at home at the moment, but they use a good part of the computer resources. In the case of the CL650 it is not using the resources, if I increase the quality of the textures to HIGH, the fps with the CL650 drops from 20 to +-17fps and the x-plane starts using a larger amount of Vram.

Thanks for answering, but I hope you are wrong hahahaha

Like Cameron said, what you get with other planes doesn't have much to do with it. The CL650 is a bit more GPU-heavy than the TBM and the Zibo. I had a M1 machine when the CL650 was in beta, and I was seeing frame rates similar to what you reported. The M1 is a best when it comes to CPU workload, but its GPU is a bit weak for the Challenger unfortunately.

• Like 1