Installing the IXEG 737 Classic breaks the Flightfactor 757 autothrottle

Hi there, something the team should be aware of - installing the IXEG 737 Classic appears to break the Flightfactor 757V2 autothrottle functionality.

Whether it is something to do with SASL conflicts; or something else would need to be investigated.

I have installed/uninstalled the IXEG several times, and the issue on the Flightfactor 757 only surfaces immediately once the IXEG is installed and it goes away when the product is uninstalled. I tried disabling ther Gizmo plugin after starting X-Plane with the FF757, but this makes no difference.

Does anyone know if there's a workaround or would it require code change, because it would seem there is a conflict between these products.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

(P.S. message also posted in the Flightfactor 757v2 forum on X-Plane.org)

Edited by Cee-Jaay
P.S.

Hi Chris,

thanks for letting us know! We are aware that the IXEG 737 does not work with the newest version of XPUPIC - so if you use that to drive your hardware throttle there can be problems with the throttle not working on the 737.

However we have not received a single report about incompatibility with any SASL driven aircraft...and the 757 is a popular add-on, I think we would have more reports if this was a problem for all people that have both aircraft installed.

Do you use XPUIPC?

Cheers, Jan

18 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi Chris,

thanks for letting us know! We are aware that the IXEG 737 does not work with the newest version of XPUPIC - so if you use that to drive your hardware throttle there can be problems with the throttle not working on the 737.

However we have not received a single report about incompatibility with any SASL driven aircraft...and the 757 is a popular add-on, I think we would have more reports if this was a problem for all people that have both aircraft installed.

Do you use XPUIPC?

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan, I do; and had wondered what version I should be on.

I'm currently running 2.0.3.1

But I have found & downloaded the following (later) versions...

• 2.0.3.5;
  • 2.0.3.8;
  • 2.0.4.8 and;

...but never applied them (not knowing whether it would make things better or worse).

Does this help? If there is a version of XPUIPC that you and/or the devs test with, I'll happily try that.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by Cee-Jaay
spelling

I think the latest does not work. This user:

reported 2.0.4.7 working - so maybe 2.0.4.8 does as well.

The XPUIPC program is not being actively developed anymore and if I understand correctly does some things that are not correct by X-Plane API coding standards - hence the interaction problems with Gizmo. Ben Russel - the developer of Gizmo - is aware of these problems but says that XPUIPC needs to fix it.

I know that some hardware relies on XPUIPC to work correctly - but if you use an unsupported freeware program...there is always the possibility that things go wrong and there is really no one accountable to fix it.

Good luck, Jan

Thanks guys, I only have XPUIPC installed because a VA 'tracking' plugin requires it to read sim status, I don't use any of it's control assignment features.

BTW I found 2.0.4.7 here: https://vasystem.org/support/vas-acars/x-plane/,

So will give that a go.

Grateful to hear others don't have the issue between the IXEG737 and the FF757, suggesting it's a local issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A disappointing follow-up...

Flightfactor 757 is still broken with the IXEG installed, despite trying the version of XPUIPC recommended above.

Is there any decent troubleshooting possible because I know from a software development standpoint these kind of integration issues are an absolute nightmare to resolve between multiple commercial parties.

Edited by Cee-Jaay

36 minutes ago, Cee-Jaay said:

Is there any decent troubleshooting possible

Thanks for the follow up - even if it wasn´t satisfactory.

I don´t see anything else I or we could offer - especially since this kind of incompatibility does not seem to be widespread (you are the only one to report it, in fact)...which makes troubleshooting even more difficult :-(

I can also confirm I've not ever heard of this conflict between IXEG and FF. This is the first time since IXEG's release 6 years ago. It doesn't make any sense, really.

Only thing I could think of is some weird AI conflict? Is X-Plane trying to load the IXEG aircraft as AI when you have the 757 in use?

• Like 1