[Filed 2856] FPLN discontinuity - delete parameters

Chaz

Hey team.  PL-21 (vanilla) FMS-3000 user/pilot here.  Was messing around with the FPLN page and came across a possible "bug".  It's minor, but I know ya'll like the details. :)  Maybe the FMS-6000 allows this?

Flight plan KMEM to KIDL.  route: MEM J35  (discon)   MEVEE.  According to my experience and the manual (FMS-3000), if I (attempt to) delete the discon at the end of J35, it should display an error preventing to do so because MEVEE, an off airway waypoint to the west, is not on J35.  But in game, it will delete the entire J35 line.... which should not happen according to the manual (below, parameter #2).  Anyways, if the FMS-6000 allows this, then I stand corrected and I'll shut up, learn something new.    Cheers.

fpln1.thumb.png.68ee0936791c210cda5f47c81613d8a1.png

fpln_.thumb.png.78fe8708900824c28b4da47adb14f8a2.png

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

• ois650 changed the title to [Filed 2856] FPLN discontinuity - delete parameters

My European brain can't fathom routes with discontinuities in them! Direct direct direct with no airways please! :D FMS-6000 doesn't allow this and the 605/650 manual words it almost identically to Textron's PTM. Filed up for fix, nice one!

• Like 3

Nice!    I'm with ya. DIRECT destination!

I'm just looking out for the (casual) online simmers that file airways.  As an example where this could burn someone is transitioning from an airway to an arrival with VNAV altitudes.  Example below:

KMEM - KOKC

Route: DUCKZ5 HELAR KOMMA J6 DWINE.RIFFLE3  

If I delete the discon after J6, that airway is gone (should not happen). 

Ok no biggie, I'll just enter DWINE at the TO field.....  DISCONT is resolved and it's all connected.  HOWEVER......  when you go to the LEGS page, the VNAV altitude and speed restriction (at or below FL190, speed 280) associated with DWINE are gone (because we manually entered DWINE).    A casual simmer, that doesn't brief the arrival and verify the altitudes/speeds, could get "burned" if given descend via.  Hope that makes sense.  :)

1265902179_fmsdelete1.thumb.png.c0cbd4ac24062c8dbe6022f60edaf775.png

929539497_fmsdelete2.thumb.png.e15c89045dd3e2907ffb8940b11b7729.png

• Like 2