XP12 Compatibility

Beachdog2001

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, NielsC said:

It's a great little add-on and I wouldn't mind to pay for an upgrade. I think it's the same story for a couple of other add-ons that are still supported and it would be a shame to miss out on this bird.

Blue skies.

There are many changes in XP12 that need to be incorporated into the Saab.  Whether that happens in the Saab v1 or v2 remains a question, but it will happen at some point.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 1:03 AM, JGregory said:

There are many changes in XP12 that need to be incorporated into the Saab.  Whether that happens in the Saab v1 or v2 remains a question, but it will happen at some point.

Day one purchase, and I'd wait for a V2 if that makes it "better" somehow. Blue skies.

After around 30 min of flying. Still needs some testing as i havnt flown in a while,.

Has the XP12 lighting bug. Internal view got really dark over time, while outside view was nice and bright. Loosing oxygen happens fairly quici, but its one I must check as it went for l;ke 10 min before i jumped out.Might have to see what laminar do next on this one. Otherwise after a reinstall it works quiet well. Will need to do a few more to make sense of it all.

• 4 weeks later...

is there a particular trick to activating it under X-Plane 12? I copied it from X-Plane 11 (including the Gizmo plugin) and I get an error message on activation every time. The credentials must be right, if I enter the wrong password the window closes much faster and there is no error message just "Activation Failed"

Is there a special version of Gizmo 64 for X-Plane 12?

12 minutes ago, Burning Bridges said:

is there a particular trick to activating it under X-Plane 12? I copied it from X-Plane 11 (including the Gizmo plugin) and I get an error message on activation every time. The credentials must be right, if I enter the wrong password the window closes much faster and there is no error message just "Activation Failed"

Is there a special version of Gizmo 64 for X-Plane 12?

Copying files from one version to the other is not a sanctioned way to do this. You'll need to use the installer to get it to XP 12.

Thanks for the reply Cameron. Yes it worked when I used the installer.

Some remarks.

The Saab 340 works surprisingly well in XP12. Like, I was genuinely surprised. The sound effects appear even better than in XP11 (maybe imagination), autopilot seems to work well and I could fly it without real problems. The throttle levers sometimes get stuck but that was already a problem in XP11.

All in all this is now my favorite "copied" XP11 plane in XP12 and works much better than all others (Zibo, FJS 732 etc).

The only real problem is cockpit lighting. I could mitigate that by increasing blrightness on several cockpit dds files (basically I just used "Auto Adjust Colors". attached screenshots, one under good and another under extremely bad lighting conditions in the Arctic). It's only a hack but it can be done in like 10 minutes and allows me to enjoy this plane and fly it in XP12 already.

How hard would it be to make a pure graphical update that only adresses the cockpit brightness?

526867843_Screenshot(3817).jpg.6c25f41cafec22b41370705e83ca8548.jpg

Screenshot (3767).jpg

Yes I understand, you want to do it properly. I commend that!

Just wanted to point out that it can be done in 10 minutes at home by using "Auto Adjust Image". It will mess up your wonderful textures but looks way better in X-Plane 12 as of this date (imo)

Otherwise your Saab works beautifully in X-Plane 12 so I think more people should use it.

Screenshot (4163).jpg

Screenshot (4162).jpg

Edited by Burning Bridges

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 7:59 PM, Burning Bridges said:

Otherwise your Saab works beautifully in X-Plane 12 so I think more people should use it.

That's how it is and it's a great pleasure to be able to use this machine in the XP12.  :)

If a customisation were to come along (also for a fee), that would be great.
The Saab is a really great aircraft, thank you!

I found that the only thing not working in XP12 is the wing De-ice.

made a flight with icing condition during climb. had prop and wing icing of course. The prop deice worked like a charm. But the wing de-ice had no effect at all. so it became a stall gallore.

otherwise it works perfectly as far as I can judge.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Legends! 

I was wondering if we have any sort of update on the progress of this airplane? 

really wanna grab a copy considering half of you can make it fly, but i was also wondering if any of the fellas at X-Aviation have made progress since their last reply 

Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...