Fuel dump

lilith

Does the fuel dump function? If so, how do we use it? I'm 1.6 overweight for landing after fueling for a full tank and I'm trying to figure out how to dump some fuel. 

Cheers

Edited by lilith
I really need to slow down when writing a quick post.

On 4/22/2022 at 5:03 AM, Prefect99 said:

Aircraft are not like cars, you don’t just fill them to the top. Do you use simbrief?

Yes, I use simbrief. I'm quite aware they're not like cars, but good tail winds and a miscalculation on the conversion for fuel had me overweight on an approach for an alternative airport.

1 hour ago, lilith said:

Yes, I use simbrief. I'm quite aware they're not like cars, but good tail winds and a miscalculation on the conversion for fuel had me overweight on an approach for an alternative airport.

You’d be surprised how many people think they are always filled to the top. Simbrief forecasts are usually very accurate, do you use ASXP too? Conversion errors are not unheard of in real incidents, having a rough idea of factors and only converting at the end can help.

You have my sympathy; one aircraft I flew had the left tank in USG, the right in ImpG, weights all in LBS, fuel volumes in litres and an ASI primarily in MPH!

• Like 1