aural warning voice is missing

lilith

Hello,

I'm wondering if I untintentionally did something, but TAWS tests you will hear the aural sounds "PULL UP" and stuff, but as of late, I am not hearing "JET PIPE OVERHEAT" or "SMOKE" etc when running tests. 

Is there a way to reenable this? I tested on a new airframe, and it's the same problem. 

Appreciate some advice. 

Thank you.

edit:

I should mention the DCU1 and 2 are extinguished. Not sure if those would affect it. 

Edited by lilith

Now that it was mentioned, I don't remember the last time I saw the master caution go off. They aren't pressed on either side and since it's a new airframe, I assume everything is in default positions, but I did verify and no switches stuck. It's a preculuar issue and the master caution thing really has me wondering.

In the middle of a 6 hour flight, any tips on tripping the master to test if it's functioning as it should?

Can you press the master caution reset switch in? It should make an audible clicking sound and you should be able to see it move in then out. Otherwise, I’d suggest it’s stuck in for some reason. 

If you’re looking to make it go off, just leave a L or R to AUX fuel tank switch on after the tanks are balanced and you’ll get a caution. 

Edited by rjb4000

I hear an audible click each time it is pushed in and opening the left tank did invoke a caution. Showing the button in this screenshot. Sound and it did what it was supposed to. It's a rather peculiar thing. After watching a video from totoritko and seeing him run through the checklist, I thought I had it figured out. It must have been the DCU 1 and 2, but unfortunately that wasn't it.

The see the CAS alerts for the tests, just no aural warnings with them except for the dedicated aural test 1 & 1 and TAWS.

.1825583488_cautionlight.thumb.png.9dcaca671d872d3bea66618eeccce750.png