Structuring flights realistically?

dlrk

4 minutes ago, dlrk said:

So, if I want to plan my flights somewhat realistically, what guidelines are there route and load wise? Return to base empty after a flight? Pick up a new passenger(s) at the destination? Fly to a third place empty and pick up new pax there?

Depends, if it’s a single owner you go where they want. Fractional ownership might be all over the place, proper charter could certainly be pretty random. Depends what you want, might be some suitable VAs online.

• Like 1

Return to base usually avoided, due to the costs of the empty flight. If you fly for the owner you stay as long as the owner stays put. 

If you are in charter, if you are at a busy hub there might be PAX at that hub for the next flight. If you are at a smaller airport, you may well have to position to a nearby hub for the next assignment. 

What you can do is follow a real Challenger on Radarbox24 and simulate those flights. What I used to do was fly a particular tail, and try to fly the 30 most visited airports by that tail. Else you can follow it day to day. All data is available in Radarbox24 if the tail is not blocked. 

I see eg that VJT 9H-VFF is a tail livery that is available on this forum. Quick look at Radarbox24 learns the following : one gives the most visited airports, the other one some recent activity. 

Screenshot_20220410-221148_RadarBox.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-221126_RadarBox.jpg

Edited by FYG001
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...