Datalink clearance and CPDLC

danhenri

Hello,

I don't clearly understand the difference between datalink clerance (DATALINK in the FMS menu) and CPDLC (FANS). I tried to use this functionnality on IVAO at LFPO. Using FANS, I got a clearance, but I did not find the way to display the ATC full message and to send my answer. Should I send my request by Datalink instead (at least on IVAO) ? I read somewhere that Datalink is only used for communications between pilots and technical services. With ATC, the procedure is to use CPDLC. But probably, I'm wrong because the clearance may be requested by Datalink (according to Toto's last video).

Thanks by advance for those who could enlighten me.

Daniel.

Edited by danhenri

• danhenri changed the title to Datalink clearance and CPDLC

Using DEP CLX is how it’s been implemented in the CL-650 to match real world use, however the backend messages sent/received are primarily based on how Vatsim uses Hoppie (Hoppie “CPDLC” is totally non-standard and undocumented).

How does IVAO use Hoppie for clearances? Can you provide examples from http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/log.html?

Thanks.