New Update?

I use the IXEG 737 all of the time and have had no issues with GIZMO. Today I get the repeated message that there is a new Gizmo update available, but I cannot find one. The license update part goes through fine. Any ideas why this is appearing? The only changes I have made on my system is the regular Windows 11 update - there was a security one this morning

Posted (edited)

What is it with some developers? You try and be helpful and report a change in behavior and they are in no hurry to do anything. Why does the developer need an image of what I see? I explained it carefully. Is the developer unaware that their program produces a message 'GIZMO64 Update available Download update from https:gizmo64.com'? 

When you go to the page there is no update, rather the message 'Check your X-Aviation products for updates. X-Aviation installers will automatically install the current version of Gizmo for you.'

Which does rather suggest that the program should not be raising the message (if it automatically updates) and that the program has some error. Or something - perhaps that Windows Update has created some new issue. It still comes back on every session (even without a related aircraft being loaded). 

Anyway, I'm in no mood for doing homework for a developer. If they aren't interested in this then I'm not either. 

Edited by Medellinexpat
spelling error

15 minutes ago, Medellinexpat said:

'Check your X-Aviation products for updates. X-Aviation installers will automatically install the current version of Gizmo for you.'

Seems self explanatory. Re-run your product installer to get any update.

15 minutes ago, Medellinexpat said:

Which does rather suggest that the program should not be raising the message (if it automatically updates) and that the program has some error.

Nowhere does it ever state Gizmo or product update are automatic. The INSTALLER that you need to run will automatically grab a latest update.

16 minutes ago, Medellinexpat said:

Anyway, I'm in no mood for doing homework for a developer. If they aren't interested in this then I'm not either. 

You were asked to provide a screenshot and to see the log for context and to help you quicker. The request of you was very simple.

So, has this been updated since last week? No. So I downloaded the IXEG 737 from my account, replaced the existing and of course your program insists (as it does every so often) that I am trying to use another machine. So I play your little game with that and it authorizes and there's no message coming up about the software needing updating. Every six months or so we go through this charade.

Still, as before Windows updates seem to create issue with your software. Anyway, you can pat yourselves on the back about how it is working as intended and not deal with the issue.

2 hours ago, Medellinexpat said:

So, has this been updated since last week? No.

Yes. You were using a very old version from 2020. You are now running latest core software.

2 hours ago, Medellinexpat said:

Every six months or so we go through this charade.

There's no charade. You're being pretty ridiculous. Let's cut the drama, please.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. My Gizmo64 is telling me I need an update, but on your Github.com page, I am logged in, but I can't find what I need to download to get the package.  Could you please make the link for the X-Plane 11 Windows plugin a little more obvious?  I'm not a programmer, so I don't even understand what it is I'm looking at on your website.  
If there is no update after all, would you please tell me how I can make the update Gizmo window that pops up every time I start the sim just go away?  Everything still seems to work just fine for what I need from it.
Thank you for your work.

7 hours ago, RandyC said:

Hi. My Gizmo64 is telling me I need an update, but on your Github.com page, I am logged in, but I can't find what I need to download to get the package.  Could you please make the link for the X-Plane 11 Windows plugin a little more obvious?  I'm not a programmer, so I don't even understand what it is I'm looking at on your website.  
If there is no update after all, would you please tell me how I can make the update Gizmo window that pops up every time I start the sim just go away?  Everything still seems to work just fine for what I need from it.
Thank you for your work.

"Re-run your product installer to get any update."