X-Plane12 - a new avionics system?

As we know, Laminar Research's implementation of the G1000 was simply groundbreaking. It allowed almost every developer to create a glass cockpit without having to re-create the wheel. I'm wondering if LR is planning to do the same with the Primus Epic Flight Management Systems. From what I can tell, there are 4 (or 5) variants of the Primus Epic that is incorporated in everything from the Boeing 400 to the Viking Twin Otter. I know that LR has done some work so that the Citation X avionics system can be reasonably simulated using the FMZ-2000 Flight Management System of the Primus Epic (this is actually a big deal). I'm wondering if 3rd party developers will be able to port this platform to the Primus Epic Apex system?

The Epic Apex is found in the Pilatus PC24 and PC12 - and the Twin Otter for that matter. The PC12 has been on of my favorite general aviation aircraft of all time. Unfortunately, no one has [seriously] taken the task of modeling the PC12 (or PC24). I believe this is because of the complexities of modeling the avionics. I've heard Austin say that X-Plane12 will act as a platform. Hopefully, LR will have dealt with most of the complexities of the Primus, so much so that a whole new genre of aircraft will come online (for a list of aircraft using the Primus Epic FMS see the table here). I guess we'll have to wait, hope and see.

There is one caveat that bears mentioning. Copyright and Licensing - perhaps two caveats. It could very well be an issue with Honeywell that prevents LR or any flightsim developer from simulating the Primus. I hope this isn't the case. Seems to me that allowing the flightsim community to recreate a facsimile of the avionics would ultimately boost sales. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a number of pilots decision to buy a specific airplane might be because of familiarity with the product due to simming. hmmm...:rolleyes: