What to do at AIRAC cycle date

FYG001

After some (self induced) errors yesterday, I think it might be useful to publish a few thoughts on the AIRAC cycle. As is known aviation data is published in cycles of 28 days, always starting on a Thursday, I believe 0900UTC. 

Yesterday 24 March was such a date when cycle 2203 came into force.

• download your data file with the Navigraph FMS Data Manager
  • Startup the CL650, and IMPORTANT - tick the box  to 'Use real world date and time'
  • If you don't you'll mess like me, having a date in the PAST cycle : unable to download the Simbrief FPL, STATUS of the database staying yellow 
  • Don't try to change the date in the FMS STATUS page, it led to a CTD with me
  • In the STATUS page cycle the OLD for the NEW database 

And you are good to go 

These are the next cycles for 2022

image.png.80df6bb4ec304b69a42c04d9881b3499.png

Hi Rastuasi, CTD happened after I tried to verwrite the data in the STATUS field, not by not having teh correct database.

But what defintely did not work for me was RECALLING the Simbrief Flightplan with a sim date that was outside of the Navdatabase date field . When I changed the sim date to fall within the Navdatabase period , I was able to recall again. Odd? 

1 hour ago, FYG001 said:

Hi Rastuasi, CTD happened after I tried to verwrite the data in the STATUS field, not by not having teh correct database.

But what defintely did not work for me was RECALLING the Simbrief Flightplan with a sim date that was outside of the Navdatabase date field . When I changed the sim date to fall within the Navdatabase period , I was able to recall again. Odd? 

The CTD was reported to the CTD forum I assume?

I believe the flight plan uplink checks the nav data cycle used in Simbrief against what’s loaded in the sim to ensure referential integrity.

1 hour ago, FYG001 said:

Hi Pils, sorry no, I did not report the CTD in the CTD forum, it was such a stupid move to try to overwrite the date that I did not deem it right to report ;-)

If you don’t mind reproducing it then please do. Any crash is one we want to hear about.