Map function

brucekn

I’ve been away from my XP11 for 3  weeks on personal business, so getting back into the saddle so to speak. In the checklist near the end of the cockpit prep section, there’s an item to check charts.  I have previously entered my SimBrief user name into the setup menu which works well to download the flightplan that I created.  That works well.  When I get to the previously mentioned I checklist item to check the maps, I switch the right-hand-side MFD to MAP, and I see the map of the airport I am at and my aircraft-  I subscribe to NaviGraph and I assume that is where that airport map comes from.

I assumed that the checklist item wants me to check carts for all the flight (I recall vaguely that Graeme may have done this in his 6 hour video).  I tried using the cursor (both inner and outer), thinking that I could scroll through the departure and other charts, but I couldn’t get past the airport map (where my aircraft is parked). I did notice that there was a vector on the initial departure leg so I eliminated that wondering if that was preventing the departure map from being displayed, but it didn’t change anything regarding scrolling to the DP chart.  Maybe I don’t understand correctly how the map feature works.  Thanks for any help-  an awesome product to get back into XP11 with!!